The Student Room Group

Embarassed to show doctors..

Scroll to see replies

Original post by greenjellybean
Yep, final year.
Rectal exams where in 3rd year I think.
If you're a medic then you should surely be aware of examination conduct, etc and maintaining patient dignity and privacy?

I think you've confused me with the other anon.
Reply 21
Original post by Anonymous
Girls, would you feel embarassed to show your bare bum to a doctor, particularly to a male doctor?
(I prefer not go into the reasons)

p.s. I hope i'm not the only one that would be embarassed.

Apologies if this is the wrong section.

2 days ago I had to show an even more private area to a female doctor. I was getting a contraception placed. There is nothing to be embarrassed about because they are trained professionals and see bums/fannies/penises on a daily basis I bet ya!

Request a female doctor. Take a deep breathe and get whatever you need to get checked done. It's over before you know it and then you forget all about it.

Better safe than sorry, always.
I think you've confused me with the other anon.

Haha my bad!
Original post by eurgaing
2 days ago I had to show an even more private area to a female doctor. I was getting a contraception placed. There is nothing to be embarrassed about because they are trained professionals and see bums/fannies/penises on a daily basis I bet ya!

Request a female doctor. Take a deep breathe and get whatever you need to get checked done. It's over before you know it and then you forget all about it.

Better safe than sorry, always.

Did you have to take off your garments in front of them?
Original post by greenjellybean
Haha my bad!

No its cool but seriously, when you conduct the exams they give you something to cover your nose right?
Original post by Spock's Socks
Do you mean did I have to go behind a curtain to drop my pants and then the doctor came into the room once I had done that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah and would you say its important to clean the booty before going to the checkup or do they use gloves etc?
Doctors have to look at saggy old lady bits. I'm sure my bum would be a bit of light relief.
Yeah and would you say its important to clean the booty before going to the checkup or do they use gloves etc?

I didn't go behind a curtain or anything, but I'm sure a doctor would understand if you asked to be covered by one while you un-dress if you say to them. You should always have a clean bum but yeah they wear gloves.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I didn't go behind a curtain or anything, but I'm sure a doctor would understand if you asked to be covered by one while you un-dress if you say to them. You should always have a clean bum but yeah they wear gloves.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So wait you undressed in front of the doctor, was he a male doctor?
Original post by ILovePancakes
Doctors have to look at saggy old lady bits. I'm sure my bum would be a bit of light relief.

haha!
So wait you undressed in front of the doctor, was he a male doctor?

I've been examined by both male and female doctors. I didn't find it any easier to undress in front of either gender. They are doctors, they see nude bodies multiple times a day and they don't blink an eyelid at what they see. Its more the thought of the situation that gets to you rather than actually just doing it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've been examined by both male and female doctors. I didn't find it any easier to undress in front of either gender. They are doctors, they see nude bodies multiple times a day and they don't blink an eyelid at what they see. Its more the thought of the situation that gets to you rather than actually just doing it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fair enough but the thought of undressing yourself such that your frontal body parts are shown..:frown:
It's okay to show the booty but everything else, not so sure.
Fair enough but the thought of undressing yourself such that your frontal body parts are shown..:frown:
It's okay to show the booty but everything else, not so sure.

are you male or female? Because if you're female at some point you will need to have a smear test which is about as exposed as its possible to get
I showed the doctor my phallus when i was like 17. Not bothered, its the poor guys job. To look at peoples genitals and anuses

Will teach me to to try doing the reverse robot with my partner
(edited 8 years ago)
its all depend on doctors behavior.
Girls, would you feel embarassed to show your bare bum to a doctor, particularly to a male doctor?
(I prefer not go into the reasons)

p.s. I hope i'm not the only one that would be embarassed.

Apologies if this is the wrong section.

Not a girl, but I think that you shouldn't be embarrassed. The doctor probably sees many "bare bums" on a daily basis.
It's quite simple really: carry on worrying about your health and let potentially serious life threatening conditions rapidly deteriorate with dire consequences, or......
Get over your irrational and socially induced embarrassment to protect your health and potentially one day save your life.

The choice is yours.
I've lost count of the amount of doctors, nurses and surgeons who have seen my bum. Um, I had a pionidal cyst on the base of my spine as a teenager.
Did you have to take off your garments in front of them?

It's a bit difficult to examine something if it's under layers of clothing, do you wear a scarf over your mouth when you go to the dentist?

People who undertake these sorts of procedures know how embarrassing people find it and how undignified it can be. It's done in privacy, with a healthcare professional of the gender you request if you're bothered about it. Most things like this are over and done with before you even have the time to get embarrassed.
OP,s gonna have a problem if she ever has a baby.

Quick Reply