Psychology at Liverpool Watch

ARaelle
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Is Uni of Liverpool a good university for psychology? Are the teachers good? Is the university nice? Is the accommodation good? How is the student life?
scrawlx101
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Anyone?
Vita Student
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ARaelle)
Is Uni of Liverpool a good university for psychology? Are the teachers good? Is the university nice? Is the accommodation good? How is the student life?
Hey ARaelle

Liverpool is a brilliant University to attend, all courses are well renowned for being some of the best in the country including Psychology. It is a beautiful university in a really nice area of Liverpool. All campuses are very close together so it will be easy to go to and from lectures.Have you been to any open the open days to have a look around?

Student life in Liverpool is also great, very lively but plenty to do if your not wanting to go out all the time and just relax. We hold a lot of events in our hub so other accommodation might be the same.

If you want to know more about our accommodation, view over Skype or in person during an open day, please contact our friendly lettings team on 02030961717 or email them at [email protected]

Sophie
www.vitastudent.com/locations/liverpool/
dorm195
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ARaelle)
I went to Liverpool and did psychology in September and I left at Christmas, and I was trying to transfer to somewhere else about a month into the course!I made the mistake of visiting on a random day because I had missed open days/applicant days too. I really wish I had been able to look around the department because it isn't that great. The staff aren't too enthusiastic, and the PhD students are better teachers than the ones with experience. I really can see why the student satisfaction is so low - when I told friends on the course I was leaving they were jealous, and the week I left at least one other person did too.

The course starts off simple, really quite dull if you have done psychology A level. It does suddenly get a lot more complex with nothing explained particularly well by lecturers. You will be scanned into every lecture but then they don't seem to check up on this. There's a lot of research methods and statistics in 1st year which is similar at a lot of unis but some try to spread it out a bit, Liverpool throws it all at you straight away.

The lectures usually involve around 550 people so are really impersonal and quite difficult to concentrate in.I wouldn't focus too much on the Russell Group/Red Brick thing - I did and it was the worst mistake I've ever made. It was also a waste of £3,000 in fees and £2,500 in accommodation fees. I didn't feel like I got 3 grand's worth of teaching.

If you have any more questions please feel free to ask!
lotniamh
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by dorm195)
I went to Liverpool and did psychology in September and I left at Christmas, and I was trying to transfer to somewhere else about a month into the course!I made the mistake of visiting on a random day because I had missed open days/applicant days too. I really wish I had been able to look around the department because it isn't that great. The staff aren't too enthusiastic, and the PhD students are better teachers than the ones with experience. I really can see why the student satisfaction is so low - when I told friends on the course I was leaving they were jealous, and the week I left at least one other person did too.

The course starts off simple, really quite dull if you have done psychology A level. It does suddenly get a lot more complex with nothing explained particularly well by lecturers. You will be scanned into every lecture but then they don't seem to check up on this. There's a lot of research methods and statistics in 1st year which is similar at a lot of unis but some try to spread it out a bit, Liverpool throws it all at you straight away.

The lectures usually involve around 550 people so are really impersonal and quite difficult to concentrate in.I wouldn't focus too much on the Russell Group/Red Brick thing - I did and it was the worst mistake I've ever made. It was also a waste of £3,000 in fees and £2,500 in accommodation fees. I didn't feel like I got 3 grand's worth of teaching.

If you have any more questions please feel free to ask!
Hi, I did ask several questions a week or so ago, as you posted this on several threads, but no reply as yet..?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Liverpool
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
    Sat, 22 Jun '19
    Sat, 21 Sep '19

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (212)
21.88%
The paper was reasonable (419)
43.24%
Not feeling great about that exam... (185)
19.09%
It was TERRIBLE (153)
15.79%

Watched Threads