The Student Room Group

wasting my time with an unobtainable crush

Hi, so I like someone who I could never ever go out with for reasons. (not stuff like 'he doesn't like me back' or 'he's out of my league' but because it's actually physically impossible that I'll ever meet him). So I'm wondering is it fair to show interest in other boys even though I have a crush on someone else? Like is it fair to make a move when I think someone is perfectly nice? I worry about leading them on. But then again this could help me get over my crush. Do people have to have crushes on people in order to ask them out or can they do it just because the person seems perfectly nice? thanks
Reply 1
It's good that you are aware he is unavailable rather than painfully pining away for him. You can definitely ask someone out if you think they are nice, after all, it may take a date to find them attractive as you learn about them and discover their personality.
Hope this helps!
Dates are fine, especially if you find the person to be really nice and you think you'd have a good time together. I'd say there has to be a hint of attraction there though. Just make sure before you end up in a relationship that you're completely over your crush :smile:
If someone is unobtainable, then there's only a matter of time until you emotionally accept that and your interests divert to people who are obtainable. I think it's perfectly fine for you to start dating other people but only when you're genuinely ready and not half-heartedly cos it won't work out if you force it.
Reply 4
Can I ask why it's physically impossible to meet him? You mean he lives too far away or?
Reply 5
Original post by chrstne
It's good that you are aware he is unavailable rather than painfully pining away for him. You can definitely ask someone out if you think they are nice, after all, it may take a date to find them attractive as you learn about them and discover their personality.
Hope this helps!

Reply 6
Original post by bellalalaxo
Dates are fine, especially if you find the person to be really nice and you think you'd have a good time together. I'd say there has to be a hint of attraction there though. Just make sure before you end up in a relationship that you're completely over your crush :smile:

ok thank you so should I only start trying at all once I'm over it?
Reply 7
Original post by frozen_fire
If someone is unobtainable, then there's only a matter of time until you emotionally accept that and your interests divert to people who are obtainable. I think it's perfectly fine for you to start dating other people but only when you're genuinely ready and not half-heartedly cos it won't work out if you force it.
thank you, yeah forcing it is never a good idea
Reply 8
Original post by Danz123
Can I ask why it's physically impossible to meet him? You mean he lives too far away or?
he's famous, can you pm me?
Original post by Anonymous
ok thank you so should I only start trying at all once I'm over it?

I meant go on dates but don't get a boyfriend until you can be sure you're over your crush. Imagine getting a boyfriend and finding out he is in love with someone else
Original post by Danz123
lol ignore my other reply as obviously u can't pm me as i'm anon, is it okay if I pm you?
he's famous, can you pm me?

Can I? Well you'll have to pm me using your normal account, as I can't pm anon people.
Are you about to marry one of these boys?

If yes, it's reprehensible. If no, do it.
Original post by bellalalaxo
I meant go on dates but don't get a boyfriend until you can be sure you're over your crush. Imagine getting a boyfriend and finding out he is in love with someone else
ahh okay thank you
lol ignore my other reply as obviously u can't pm me as i'm anon, is it okay if I pm you?

Yeah sure you can pm me :smile:
Original post by Danz123
Yeah sure you can pm me :smile:
I'll do it in a sec :smile:
Original post by TheCitizenAct
Are you about to marry one of these boys?

If yes, it's reprehensible. If no, do it.
lol thanks :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending