Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpg)
    Thought CPT1 was fine but CPT2 was just very strange. A lot of "common sense" questions I thought rather than straight theory on the subject.
    cpt 1 last question what was the function of the algorthim? what di d you guys ptu?

ReputationRep:
    tbh i thought th exams (1 & 2) were fairly straight forward.

some of the questions were a little odd but from what i could see everybody that sat it at our college found it easy enough, there were only one or two people still working after 40 minutes

ReputationRep:
    It was truely retarded the second test.

The first test was perfect, perhaps a little too easy..definitions etc.
    I finished in 26 minutes, had time to go through it 3 times and mark it myself. I managed to estimate my self at least 59/65 (probably) with very worst case guarentee of 55/65...

However CPT2, it was definitely ICT, if they had put any questions like the old CPT2s I would have bagged myself another 55/65...but I think minimum on that test was 40/65...which was pretty gay. Oh well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    cpt 1 last question what was the function of the algorthim? what di d you guys ptu?
    i wrote that ir finds the highest number in the arrayValues and i am quite sure thats right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gangsta1)
    i wrote that ir finds the highest number in the arrayValues and i am quite sure thats right.
    Yeah, it found the largest number in the array.

ReputationRep:
    I hope that they put the grade boundaries down for Module2 because basically it was a **** paper otherwise everyone will be failing it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    for the dry run bit i got 24, 24, 57 and 57 in the results column
    for the function of the algorithm, i put it extracts the highest number in the the array

ReputationRep:
    all in all not too bad i thinks so glad thats over now though

ReputationRep:
    hmm..but if u guys did really gud, then the grade boundries will leave me some pooey mark

Thanks alot for all been such clever clogs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by austinmetro)
    did anyone spot the gramatical error on question6

for an exam board, thats poor!
    You should get out more mate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by austinmetro)
    did anyone spot the gramatical error on question6

for an exam board, thats poor!
    Nobody is perfect, not even an exam board and anyway how cares? It is a computing exam not an english exam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xulfer)
    There was a reference to it: "State 3 things that would be automatically changed" in a word processing package, but that was just the name, class, date etc. so it could vary just depending on which user has created the document, but it could also be using mail merge (unlikely though).

-=X=-
    For that one, I put the three changes as page number at top of the page, date and time in the bottom right hand corner and the pathname in the bottom left hand corner. Because I thought that they probably would update.... hmm. Drew a diagram showing them what I meant as well (i finsihyed waaaay early so I decided to spell everything out to the examiner in the most obvious way possible)

I ended up highlighting which file was the text file and non-text file on the diagram i got so bored. Did it in cpt1 and didn't get marked down (105/105) so they better not mark me down for it

thought cpt2 was silly and vague - some of the stuff i knew what they were getting at but it was just wordered in a way that seemed to detract from the meaning. for example, the questin about the relational databae and how they are related... it took make a while to figure it out. i was like "huh?" and then i remembered my definition i leanrnt for a realtional database from the previous mark schemes: "relationship database is a collection of table/relations linked by common attributes/field" and so i put that they were linked by common attribute/fields such as a foreign key and then in brackets put the definition of a foreign key. i basically wrote as much as i could wirint gover the lines for most question sbecause of the fact that thats the onyl way i can try to ensure i get he marks. write as much as i know. it worked in cpt1 at least

the last questoin (operating systems) was really easy because thats my favourite (if there is such a favourite) part of the cpt2 spec. thw attribute question... i lokoed trough the specification yesterday and was like "hmm... there has never been a question on that before to by knwoeledge and it woudl be good to learn it. then i though, nah, probably won't be a questin on it" sods law... tere was question definition. i just put something about a field in a table or something like that. don't think it was right though

how ya'll go?
    aurevoirxx

ReputationRep:
    I sooooooo hate edexcel!
    After 2 years with extremely easy papers they decided to put that spreadsheet in the last part of unit1....
    I didn't do good....I could've done better..
    Probably retaking module 1 next year

ReputationRep:
    oh i think the grade boundary for an A in cpt2 in june 2003 as 40/65 in cpt2

think it was 48/65 for cpt1 for an A

looks like the cpt2 was harder and hence was scaled down

ReputationRep:
    I was rather disappointed with the easyness of some of the questions in CPT1 (e.g. What is RAM, ROM, WAN, LAN...) not describe what they are, but what is their meaning! Well duh!

But then CPT2 was just the most awkward paper ever. I was looking forward to a hard spreadsheet and database question, but just got that crappy one they added. I totally agree that it was more of an ICT paper (I do ICT aswell!) so all in all, i think I did OK.

Good luck to everyone who took it!

ReputationRep:
    What was the error?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Understate)
    What was the error?
    The formatting error on item 2? I put that it wasn't justified properly to fit in the column I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toxi)
    I sooooooo hate edexcel!
    After 2 years with extremely easy papers they decided to put that spreadsheet in the last part of unit1....
    I didn't do good....I could've done better..
    Probably retaking module 1 next year
    yeh so true! i did it last year and am regreting that i didnt do that good on them now! the paper in my opinion was a lot more harder then the previous year's paper. The reason i thought this paper was annoying was there were too many 1/2 mark quesions in there and the questions were worded really badly! I havent done a question like that spreadsheet question since GCSE ICT.

ReputationRep:
    The questions in CPT1 were embarrassingly easy

What is meant by the following terms?

LAN............................. .....

WAN............................. ....

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kalo)
    The questions in CPT1 were embarrassingly easy

What is meant by the following terms?

LAN............................. .....

WAN............................. ....

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :cool:
    I know there was nothing remotely difficult about it :rolleyes:

University open days

1. University of Edinburgh
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  2. University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  3. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.