My best friends ex kissed me

Watch
lucymac1999
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Like the title said, my best friends ex kissed me. We were both at a party, very very drunk. One thing led to another and yeah we kissed. It was a mini kissing session that only lasted about 15 seconds if that. He made the first move, I didn't really stop him. They had been broken up a month and I regret it now yeah, but my best friend knows and it's safe to say she isn't very happy. I've been called a slut, the ultimate betrayal, that I've ruined her life, I broke her, I have no morals etc etc. Like I regret it so much, I've lost count of the amount of times I've apologised but I just don't know what to do anymore. I'm stuck. She's making me lose other friends as well because of it and she's been spreading around a load of rubbish about the kiss as well, about how we were proper making out all over each other, when it was just a simple kiss and there wasn't even tongue involved. Is she overreacting or what? I just feel like she's acting as if we had sex or something- not just a kiss... fair enough she has every right to be mad- I just feel so alone right now and I don't know what to think or do...
High Stakes
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
First world problems.
The Warsmith
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Well....they've broken up, so I don't see why she should be too concerned, but I see what you mean.
Kevin De Bruyne
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by lucymac1999)
Like the title said, my best friends ex kissed me. We were both at a party, very very drunk. One thing led to another and yeah we kissed. It was a mini kissing session that only lasted about 15 seconds if that. He made the first move, I didn't really stop him. They had been broken up a month and I regret it now yeah, but my best friend knows and it's safe to say she isn't very happy. I've been called a slut, the ultimate betrayal, that I've ruined her life, I broke her, I have no morals etc etc. Like I regret it so much, I've lost count of the amount of times I've apologised but I just don't know what to do anymore. I'm stuck. She's making me lose other friends as well because of it and she's been spreading around a load of rubbish about the kiss as well, about how we were proper making out all over each other, when it was just a simple kiss and there wasn't even tongue involved. Is she overreacting or what? I just feel like she's acting as if we had sex or something- not just a kiss... fair enough she has every right to be mad- I just feel so alone right now and I don't know what to think or do...
From her point of view, breakups are pretty tough, people feel like if you're friends with someone they shouldn't get involved with your ex for x period of time, maybe she still felt something for him and got upset about what happened and has blown this out of proportion as a result.

Okay, you didn't stop him, but if you're very drunk that can be pretty difficult to do/think about. And he came on to you, y'know.. but maybe she doesn't see that. You could go on forever apologising and getting abuse from her hoping that she gives it up (and maybe she will given time). Another thing you could do is to try one more time, pointing out that he started it and the way she's treating you is horrible and you don't like it, and if she continues just ignore her. And if you've lost 'friends' as a result of this, then those friends weren't worth having, and it's time to find new ones.
hopeforthebest1
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
A month isn't very long to be broken up and you didn't mention how long they were together. After only a month a part there are still a lot of emotions involved on both sides. I hope he wasn't coming on to you to upset her. He'd have to know she'd find out. You don't mention how old you are but hopefully you're young and there will be a life transition coming up in your future like going to uni (different than her). If you are in high school or college you might have a long year ahead of you. Girls don't forget easily and she feels you betrayed her.....yes, even though he came on to you. She feels that you should have valued her friendship over his pass. So sorry this happened to you and yes, you were drunk and not thinking straight but she can't see it that simply right now. You know how stories grow so that is why what to you was a simple kiss ended up being passed on to her as a full make out session. Many girl friendships have been broken over situations like this and your other friends will take sides, sadly. In the future even if you are drunk don't flirt, comfort, or spend much time around your friend's ex..... to much can go wrong and friendships get broken.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (79)
27.24%
England (97)
33.45%
Belgium (25)
8.62%
Germany (37)
12.76%
Spain (5)
1.72%