Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    do you think six years is too big an age gap its just that ive met a guy i like and he likes me the thing is he is 21 and im 15 i feel happy and he knows how old i am. but my mates keep going on i see where there coming from whats your opinion

ReputationRep:
    when one of the couple is under 16 i see it as a bit odd - but i don't really care!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angel D)
    do you think six years is too big an age gap its just that ive met a guy i like and he likes me the thing is he is 21 and im 15 i feel happy and he knows how old i am. but my mates keep going on i see where there coming from whats your opinion
    uh yeah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikzen)
    uh yeah.
    uh yeah what its a problem could i have a bit more exlaination/detail please

ReputationRep:
    no it isn't too big a difference, but I wouldn't get into anything serious until you're a bit older.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fly By)
    no it isn't too big a difference, but I wouldn't get into anything serious until you're a bit older.
    im not going to but they seem to have a problem with me txting him and meeting him and stuff

ReputationRep:
    for me i wont go out with anyone at school that is 3/4 years younger than me - its just not right

ReputationRep:
    uh yeah what its a problem could i have a bit more exlaination/detail please
    well, hes past the age of voting and buying alcohol, and you arent even legally able to have sex (although this may not be a problem). it just doesnt seem right.

hes an adult, and youre a child ya know? (i dont mean to offend, if it comes across that way)

ReputationRep:
    im not going to but they seem to have a problem with me txting him and meeting him and stuff
    well i can see where your mates are coming from, at this age it is still a bit too much...but when you're older like say 18, it don't really make much of a difference.

ReputationRep:
    well if both of u feel comfortable then that is ok, but i think i will be better of with someone ur age group and knows what teenagers like.

ReputationRep:
    Well im nearly 18 now and last year when i was 16 i met a sweet guy over the net who was 23.(yes i know meeting over the net is a baaad idea and i wont be doing it again but everything turned out fine!!)anyway,i kept thinking would people care about the age gap,but the simple answer is,if you can be 100% sure he wont rush you into anything serious(and youre not just kidding yourself!)and you think hes worth it then its not that big of a problem.i think at 16 i only just felt old enough though so think about how your parents might react 1st-sometimes being 16 just sounds abit more acceptable to parents and at that age you are becoming far more independant.above all,dont let him pressure you,and if he really is worth it dont let people tell you its wrong-do what makes you happy but think about the long term and what it would be like to be in a relationship with him and all that would entail

ReputationRep:
    6 years is ok.

ReputationRep:
    6 years nothing, i dated a guy who was 12 years older. It turned out fine. As long as you know where you stand and don't date guys younger than you. :P

ReputationRep:
    I think the only problem with this kind of relationship is that he'll inevitably want to take the relationship further - things you are not legally or emotionally ready for.

ReputationRep:
    I think that at the end of the day, it doesn't matter what anyone lese thinks as long as you love each other, that's the important thing

ReputationRep:
    Well, as long as you don't do anything and you are completely happy about it, I think it is ok, although not the kind of thing I would do.

ReputationRep:
    You probably don't have the same expectations... that's the problem.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 18 and my man's 34. I love him to bits and vice versa He's a bit self-conscious about the age difference at the moment, but that will go away with time .

Just be careful - 21 year old guys have very different sexual ideas (for example) from 15 year old girls... trust me on this one (bad experience when I was sixteen and the guy was 21)

ReputationRep:
    at 15 people will keep telling you that he's too old and your too young...........but as your older (about 18) no-one will realise

ReputationRep:
    6 years isn't a very big age gap in the long run, when you are older. But if you are 15 atm, it is pretty big!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.