Admay3
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
How Sigmund Freud gained evidence from his patients? Was it through free association? Any help will be great, thank you.
_Sinnie_
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Just noticed you've not had a reply for this.

I'm not expert on Freud (though did visit the museum in Vienna this year). As I understand it, free association probably covers most of it, though it possibly could have been a form of semi-structured interview - as he would have had areas he'd been keen to explore and might have asked specific questions.

Googling it will probably give a suitable answer - his methods aren't especially robust by modern standards, so unless this is a specific question for a specific piece of work, I wouldn't worry too much about it.
beyknowles2
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Admay3)
How Sigmund Freud gained evidence from his patients? Was it through free association? Any help will be great, thank you.
Is this specific to an exam question or anything?

He used free association, dream analysis, freudian slips - but also interviews. I know that in his case study of Little Hans Freud obtained data from Hans's father who made his own observations
JamesManc
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
He asked patients their case histories and wrote it down.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (8)
13.79%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (11)
18.97%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (27)
46.55%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (9)
15.52%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (3)
5.17%

Watched Threads