The Student Room Group
They're both reasonably good public universities...not a huge difference between them.
Reply 2
I think I've heard of Rutgers before...or maybe that's because it has a more unique name =P Have a look at the campus (pics if you can't visit) the course selection, the surrounding environment. Something like this really depends just on your personal preference for environment now. There isn't a massive ranking disparity.
I'd pick Rutgers as well, because I can't see myself in anywhere cold and not on the coasts.

OP- I vaguely recall you wanting to go to UCLA (or maybe it was another UC)?
Reply 4
No, it was UCSD, but i havent heard from the yet
Reply 5
Rutgers will be freezing in the winter too, but not as cold as Minnesota. We're still under snow in NY. I had a job interview there a couple of years ago and they were lovely. Cant speak for Minnesota though. As for the social life in the mid-West, I work with a girl from Minnesota and she told me all about the Minnesota State Fayre, where the main event is sculpting your own head out of butter. Who needs to be near NYC if you've got that! :biggrin:
Reply 6
oops now that i got into Wisconsin-Madison, i think i dont have to choose between Minn n Rutgers.. :smile:
Congrats!!! :biggrin:

(Did you hear from UCSD yesterday?)
Reply 8
oh was i supposed to? havent check it yet... will do now! lol
Reply 9
no, i dint get into UCSD.... eh watever.. have 8 other choices so far anyway..
Awwww sorry to hear :frown: A bunch of my friends didn't get in either.
Reply 11
did u?
Reply 12
Flowergirl1989
oops now that i got into Wisconsin-Madison, i think i dont have to choose between Minn n Rutgers.. :smile:

#1 party school according to 2006 Playboy survey - #4 according to Princeton Review's 2007 survey
:smile:
woo..i got rutgers as well...
and i am still waiting for UW-madison..
i am a international student,so..tuition for me is quite high..
my parents think i should accept rutgers right aways cuz UW is not that much better than rutgers but the tuition is twice...
so............
but even if i got into rutgers..i think i will transfer..

Anyone has futher information about rutgers??is it good??
and how's transfer in US...is it tough??
Thanks!!!!
party school? do u mean rutgers or minn?
woo..i just started a thread about tansferring..
Reply 16
rutgers is better.
Reply 17
Lareina&#23706
woo..i got rutgers as well...
and i am still waiting for UW-madison..
i am a international student,so..tuition for me is quite high..
my parents think i should accept rutgers right aways cuz UW is not that much better than rutgers but the tuition is twice...
so............
but even if i got into rutgers..i think i will transfer..

Anyone has futher information about rutgers??is it good??
and how's transfer in US...is it tough??
Thanks!!!!

man the tuition is not twice... its like 17 vs 21 or smth like this...
so do u think UW is that much better than rutgers?

Latest

Trending

Trending