Is being 4 ft 11 inches being a midget? Watch

SophieSmall
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by cantgetvalidname)
Thank you so much for the encouragement. I think I will tell him.

Thank you, hearing this has been helpful

Don't you think I should tell him before though and see if he still wants to meet up? I'm thinking i should and then see what he says.

And yes I know it sounds silly to be so obsessed with this but I suppose the bullying from school is still quite fresh in my head, I actually left school to be home-schooled because of it. But you're right, I just don't know how to stop being insecure about this? Did you not have similar issues yourself or were you always this confident?
Honestly I don't think it really matters whether you tell him now or wait til you see him.

I wasn't at all confident in school, I hated school.
My confidence came from accepting who I am, and accepting I cannot control everything or other people. And that that is okay. I don't expect everyone to like me, or for everyone I like to be attracted to me. The same way others cannot expect me to be attracted to them. Because the world doesn't work like that. And that is okay. The world isn't fair, but it's not as bad as we lead ourselves to believe sometimes. Self pity and dwelling are dangerous things.
Still Sweet
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by A5ko)
Don't they just have a carer to lift them to high cupboards..?
:lolwut: No? Unless they are physically crippled, little people don't have carers lol
Thunderheartbeat
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Saint unicorns, what is this even? Idk, in Spain being that height is being short, but not abnormal or something.
cantgetvalidname
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by SophieSmall)
Honestly I don't think it really matters whether you tell him now or wait til you see him.

I wasn't at all confident in school, I hated school.
My confidence came from accepting who I am, and accepting I cannot control everything or other people. And that that is okay. I don't expect everyone to like me, or for everyone I like to be attracted to me. The same way others cannot expect me to be attracted to them. Because the world doesn't work like that. And that is okay. The world isn't fair, but it's not as bad as we lead ourselves to believe sometimes. Self pity and dwelling is a dangerous thing.
I hope I can find a way to stop obsessing over this and learn to accept who I am. Do you mind asking me how long it took you to regain your confidence? Also do you have trouble making friends and going clubbing and stuff because of your height at university?

(Original post by Ruby17)
I know someone of that height and no she looks normal, she's also quite petite etc. Anyways don't feel insecure at all, the positive side is you can always wear kitten heels if you want a bit of a extra boost. Don't worry (Y)
Thanks that does help me feel better. Well I live in Asia and over here it's not too far off than the average height level whereas in Europe everyone's so much taller so I'm just a bit worried, you know?
SophieSmall
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I hope I can find a way to stop obsessing over this and learn to accept who I am. Do you mind asking me how long it took you to regain your confidence? Also do you have trouble making friends and going clubbing and stuff because of your height at university?
College was a really good time for me, made some great friends and they were great people. That was when I started coming out of my shell. I didn't gain much confidence until university though.

Anxiety has made making friends harder, but that isn't related to my height.
I can go clubbing just fine, unless I start getting anxious and start panicking. But that's not height related
Plantagenet Crown
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
How is this even a question? 4 ft 11 is tiny.
It's****ingWOODY
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
If you're a girl, you're borderline but you'll be fine. If you're a 4'11'' guy, you're probably already aware you're a midget as you're likely already being mocked mercilessly every day over it.
A5ko
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Still Sweet)
:lolwut: No? Unless they are physically crippled, little people don't have carers lol
I should perhaps point out at this stage that my better half is 4' 11 precisely.
Asuna Yuuki
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
cantgetvalidname can I set you up with a friend of mine?
Spoiler:
Show
cantgetvalidname
Rep:
?
(Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
How is this even a question? 4 ft 11 is tiny.
The question should've been would you date someone who's 4'11 I suppose ... so would you?

(Original post by WoodyMKC)
If you're a girl, you're borderline but you'll be fine. If you're a 4'11'' guy, you're probably already aware you're a midget as you're likely already being mocked mercilessly every day over it.
I am a girl
Josb
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Until we're in my flat and I'm not wearing any shoes and he sees how short I am.
Sit (or recline) on your bed then.
Ruby17
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

Thanks that does help me feel better. Well I live in Asia and over here it's not too far off than the average height level whereas in Europe everyone's so much taller so I'm just a bit worried, you know?
I live in Asia too but South Asia , I'm just about 5'4 so I absolutely understand what you mean but honestly don't worry at all, I'm telling you
cantgetvalidname
Rep:
?
(Original post by Josb)
Sit (or recline) on your bed then.
hahaha. would you have sex with me?
A5ko
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
hahaha. would you have sex with me?
Even midgets can be ugly.
InternetGangster
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by A5ko)
Yes, you are a midget. You should feel bad that you are such a stupid size and run off to join a circus....

Happy now?
You are the lowest of the low.
A5ko
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by InternetGangster)
You are the lowest of the low.
Bit like the OP (height wise).
InternetGangster
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
No I'm not happy and yes I do feel bad about being this height. So should I just kill myself then? Serious question, nothing I haven't considered before.
What the heck is wrong with you?!
InternetGangster
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by A5ko)
Bit like the OP (height wise).
You think this is some joke, don't you.
tengentoppa
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
4 ft 11 is fine, very cute and plenty of guys would date girls that height.

I personally wouldn't, because I probably wouldn't be able to hear what you're saying down there without crouching and it would kill my back to always have to be bending down.

But that's not a problem for some people. There are quite a few couples with over a foot difference in height.
InternetGangster
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Still Sweet)
Carrying a step ladder everywhere.
Think outside the box, kid.
Carrying a step ladder... wow, just wow.

You are a disgrace to TSR. You should be bitterly ashamed.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (164)
18.62%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (87)
9.88%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (146)
16.57%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (127)
14.42%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (85)
9.65%
How can I be the best version of myself? (272)
30.87%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise