The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
corey
Strange...i'd written that point down on my 'perfect essay plan' after the whole class failed the question... *checks mark scheme*

I'm not sure the question is ambigious as it lists it as 'total consumption' and also mentions 'vechiles' in the passage (which mainly come from abroad).

which year is this let me check marksheme
TheWolf
which year is this let me check marksheme

http://www.aqa.org.uk/qual/gceasa/qp-ms/AQA-ECN2-W-MS-Jun03.pdf
page 8
Reply 262

so for more than 7 marks you need to have an evaluation and on effects on other parts of economy such as balance of payments etc ytea
Reply 263
deianra
We were never taught anything about the difference between Monetarist/Keynesian :redface: :mad:

We did it for a few weeks, then were promptly told it was't on the syllabus anyway so not to worry :rolleyes: Hmph!

I'll ask you my q about NHS anyway, would you show the supply to be perfectly inelastic? In the short term at least?
Reply 264
Ellie4
We did it for a few weeks, then were promptly told it was't on the syllabus anyway so not to worry :rolleyes: Hmph!

I'll ask you my q about NHS anyway, would you show the supply to be perfectly inelastic? In the short term at least?

its definitely not perfectly inelastic!
Reply 265
TheWolf
its definitely not perfectly inelastic!

Hmm this is what I thought, but I appear to have a diagram which says differently. Stupid teachers!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 266
In the short term is is inelastic like everything, hospitals I don't think have much spare productive capacity, but you can always get ppl on overtime and hire more staff, build more hospitals if it's needed.

Btw, what effects do high house proces have on economic welfare?
Ellie4
Hmm this is what I thought, but I appear to have a diagram which says differently. Stupid teachers!!!!!!!!!!

It would certain be inelastic, but there would be small fluctuations. Perfect inelasticity is very rare.
Reply 268
BazTheMoney
It would certain be inelastic, but there would be small fluctuations. Perfect inelasticity is very rare.

Ok thanks. I'll draw it with a steep gradient, but not a vertical line. Oh, and I'll hit my teacher over the head with my book!
Reply 269
deianra
Ah bless, you ignore all of us and listen to Baz :tongue:

Okay, Macro macro...*runs off again* Back in an hour :smile:

It was a thanks to everyone :biggrin:
Reply 270
mik1a
In the short term is is inelastic like everything, hospitals I don't think have much spare productive capacity, but you can always get ppl on overtime and hire more staff, build more hospitals if it's needed.

Btw, what effects do high house proces have on economic welfare?

equity withdrawal during rising house prices increases consumption. increases in property values stimulates construction of new houses...which leads to more money spent on home furnishing carpets...etc everything in the housing sector. negative points baout increaseing house prices - geographical immobility + regional divide as the south's houses increase in prices, and people from the north cant move down for jobs even if they have the skills etc...then you talk about negative equity...and shows how this sucks for the economy
Baz...could you help me with an A2 question please? :smile:

a) Examine two demographic factors which might be expected to have an impact on the distribution of income in the UK.

Have a whole side on the ageing population factor...fine as far as the mark scheme's concerned.

Am stumped on how I can write another side for another factor. I've tried writing about married couple's allowance and the shift in single parent families recently. But have about one point - poorer people tend to be single parents, so they're missing out on extra benefits, therefore this allowance is regressive.

I don't know what else to write :redface: Sorry.
Mysticmin
Baz...could you help me with an A2 question please? :smile:

a) Examine two demographic factors which might be expected to have an impact on the distribution of income in the UK.

Have a whole side on the ageing population factor...fine as far as the mark scheme's concerned.

Am stumped on how I can write another side for another factor. I've tried writing about married couple's allowance and the shift in single parent families recently. But have about one point - poorer people tend to be single parents, so they're missing out on extra benefits, therefore this allowance is regressive.

I don't know what else to write :redface: Sorry.

Nasty question! The ageing population is the obvious one. You could talk about the distribution of the population, how different places have different level of taxs. Wage distribution in the public sector? you get paid more in London. That's a horrid question, I'd tried to not answer it and do something else.
BazTheMoney
Nasty question! The ageing population is the obvious one. You could talk about the distribution of the population, how different places have different level of taxs. Wage distribution in the public sector? you get paid more in London. That's a horrid question, I'd tried to not answer it and do something else.

I've run out of papers to do, this one's the sample question I nabbed off the edexcel website to practise.

Demographic means the make up of the population? :redface: Geographic location sounds tempting, like you said about london.

thank you :smile:
Reply 274
Ok, what about this 15 marks, what, other than a lack of competitiveness has led to a UK current account deficit?
Mysticmin
I've run out of papers to do, this one's the sample question I nabbed off the edexcel website to practise.

Demographic means the make up of the population? :redface: Geographic location sounds tempting, like you said about london.

thank you :smile:

You could look at gender in the workplace and how that influences the distribution of income.
mobbdeeprob
You could look at gender in the workplace and how that influences the distribution of income.

how would that affect the distribution of income in the UK as a whole though If the amount of women increased, maybe that would increase income inequality, yet more women are gaining qualifications and coupled with labour's plethora of child tax credits, they're starting to earn more. Glass ceiling? This question's so confusing, good thing its only a sample...
Reply 277
Ellie4
Ok, what about this 15 marks, what, other than a lack of competitiveness has led to a UK current account deficit?

current account deficit ie invisible + visible exports more than invisible + visible imports.

Exchange rate - appreciation

Government policies - expansionary fiscal policy leads to an increase of aggregate demand, hence increase of imports.

monetary policy - lower interest rates, higher value of pound increases current account deficit

oh so when govt spends excessively on foreign goods and services, or private firms or individuals spending too much, importing far more than exporting.
Reply 278
i cant think of much else :redface:
Reply 279
guys when interest rate rises there is more 'do you call it ehh foreign direct investment ie hot money', where people from other countries save money into British bank due to the high return of interest

Latest

Trending

Trending