Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deianra)
    Could everyone post like model answers/plans to every macro long 15 marker question they have?
    no

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    no
    Oh go on, they're hard!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellie4)
    Oh go on, they're hard!
    ive done some aqa ones, but theyrenot good enough for you guys :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I only have two on the computer...and the diagrams aren't labelled...but nevermind - the part c)'s I got 15/15 for I think..
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: doc Monetary and Fiscal policy.doc (28.0 KB, 225 views)
  2. File Type: doc The United Kingdom Economy.doc (80.0 KB, 105 views)

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, please Wolfie? We all know how fantastic and brilliant you are. I need your help in this time of crisis! Especially since you know the AD/AS model I know

Please?
    what question would that be? i can do some pointers..but one whole essay takes me ages - im only an aqa student :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Oh I love you.

...but what are the questions?
    Has the UK economies trend rate of growth increased and How effective are monetary and fiscal policy.

ReputationRep:
    Could everyone post model answers/plans to every macro long 15 marker question they have?
    How to plan:

Introduction. 5 minutes. 1 paragraph. Define terms in question. (Sometimes you are explictly given a mark or 2 for defining a term in the question)

Main body: TWO points for, TWO points against. No more, no less. Usually 1 paragraph per point. This is where you draw diagrams whenever you have the chance (but don't overdo it, set yourself a limit eg. 2 diagrams). Make absolutely sure you explicitly use the data in at least one point, otherwise you are restricted to 7 marks.

Alternatives: eg. If the question asked for good/bad points on fiscal, breifly describe international or monetarist, outline advantages.

Conclusion: Do not add anything more - one paragraph to answer the question. Always say based on the data, always indicate there is a copromise, or trade-off (eg. between inflation and unemployment).

Finish.

Hope this helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corey)
    I only have two on the computer...and the diagrams aren't labelled...but nevermind - the part c)'s I got 15/15 for I think..
    wow the second ones long..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1a)
    How to plan:

Introduction. 5 minutes. 1 paragraph. Define terms in question. (Sometimes you are explictly given a mark or 2 for defining a term in the question)

Main body: TWO points for, TWO points against. No more, no less. Usually 1 paragraph per point. This is where you draw diagrams whenever you have the chance (but don't overdo it, set yourself a limit eg. 2 diagrams). Make absolutely sure you explicitly use the data in at least one point, otherwise you are restricted to 7 marks.

Alternatives: eg. If the question asked for good/bad points on fiscal, breifly describe international or monetarist, outline advantages.

Conclusion: Do not add anything more - one paragraph to answer the question. Always say based on the data, always indicate there is a copromise, or trade-off (eg. between inflation and unemployment).

Finish.

Hope this helps.
    thats good stuff! if you are abit stuck and cant analyse each point enough, i would say do more than 2 points for and 2 points against, i think you get marks for briefer but more points made

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    thats good stuff! if you are abit stuck and cant analyse each point enough, i would say do more than 2 points for and 2 points against, i think you get marks for briefer but more points made
    You have 30minutes at least to answer the part c) question, so you can develop more than 4 points fully!

ReputationRep:
    Oh I love you.

...but what are the questions?
    Here is one more, a very basic assessment of how the UK economy has performed - good background!
    Attached Files
  3. File Type: doc Assess the performance of the UK economy in the last 10 years.doc (75.0 KB, 209 views)

ReputationRep:
    How long is your exam?
    1 hour each module, corey - these essays are reallly good, but theres no way i can write that much in 30 minutes for part c

ReputationRep:
    Ellie, we just call it plain old AD/AS, yes?

None of this SR/LR stuff? I have it on some of my notes, but only like 2 pages? :confused:
    SR/LR just stands for short run/long run supply, if you haven't been taught it don't worry about it. AS/AD would be fine.

ReputationRep:
    I figured, but ta for clearing up!
    SRAS is just like normal AS, and LRAS is just a vertical line. I should have an example somewhere but can't find it.

ReputationRep:
    Deianra, how well do we need to know national income?

ReputationRep:
    Not very. Mention in 15 marker if relevant, but don't think it's on the spec.?

Baz - new thought. Were you taught by the Chief Examiner for Economics? He's on my Unit 3 web guide which I was just reading, along with a nice request to e-mail him at his Westminster e-mail address if you have any problems. Russell Dudley-Smith?
    Yeah, he's the Head of Economics at Westminster.

ReputationRep:
    100 pages! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    So they don't actually make these people up. Hmm, he wrote a 100 odd page guide for Unit three. Poor man, but helpful. Too many definitions though.
    Well, that's what edexcel pay him to do.

Is he the Cheif examiner? Anyway, a lot of Head of Economics at private schools are examiners, the Head at Eton in an examiner for example; as is the Head of Economics at Harrow.

ReputationRep:
    "Last year many student crossed out as much as 2 sides of writing when they changed thier mind as to which question to answer" My god!

ReputationRep:
    Ok thanks, I'll do that next. Sigh, the more I revise, the more I realise I don't know!

University open days

1. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    Churchill College Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  3. Richmond, The American International University in London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.