Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

AQA Economics AS Mon 14 June AM watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deianra)
    Could everyone post like model answers/plans to every macro long 15 marker question they have?
    no

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    no
    Oh go on, they're hard!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellie4)
    Oh go on, they're hard!
    ive done some aqa ones, but theyrenot good enough for you guys :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I only have two on the computer...and the diagrams aren't labelled...but nevermind - the part c)'s I got 15/15 for I think..
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: doc Monetary and Fiscal policy.doc (28.0 KB, 215 views)
  2. File Type: doc The United Kingdom Economy.doc (80.0 KB, 100 views)

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, please Wolfie? We all know how fantastic and brilliant you are. I need your help in this time of crisis! Especially since you know the AD/AS model I know

Please?
    what question would that be? i can do some pointers..but one whole essay takes me ages - im only an aqa student :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Oh I love you.

...but what are the questions?
    Has the UK economies trend rate of growth increased and How effective are monetary and fiscal policy.

ReputationRep:
    Could everyone post model answers/plans to every macro long 15 marker question they have?
    How to plan:

Introduction. 5 minutes. 1 paragraph. Define terms in question. (Sometimes you are explictly given a mark or 2 for defining a term in the question)

Main body: TWO points for, TWO points against. No more, no less. Usually 1 paragraph per point. This is where you draw diagrams whenever you have the chance (but don't overdo it, set yourself a limit eg. 2 diagrams). Make absolutely sure you explicitly use the data in at least one point, otherwise you are restricted to 7 marks.

Alternatives: eg. If the question asked for good/bad points on fiscal, breifly describe international or monetarist, outline advantages.

Conclusion: Do not add anything more - one paragraph to answer the question. Always say based on the data, always indicate there is a copromise, or trade-off (eg. between inflation and unemployment).

Finish.

Hope this helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corey)
    I only have two on the computer...and the diagrams aren't labelled...but nevermind - the part c)'s I got 15/15 for I think..
    wow the second ones long..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1a)
    How to plan:

Introduction. 5 minutes. 1 paragraph. Define terms in question. (Sometimes you are explictly given a mark or 2 for defining a term in the question)

Main body: TWO points for, TWO points against. No more, no less. Usually 1 paragraph per point. This is where you draw diagrams whenever you have the chance (but don't overdo it, set yourself a limit eg. 2 diagrams). Make absolutely sure you explicitly use the data in at least one point, otherwise you are restricted to 7 marks.

Alternatives: eg. If the question asked for good/bad points on fiscal, breifly describe international or monetarist, outline advantages.

Conclusion: Do not add anything more - one paragraph to answer the question. Always say based on the data, always indicate there is a copromise, or trade-off (eg. between inflation and unemployment).

Finish.

Hope this helps.
    thats good stuff! if you are abit stuck and cant analyse each point enough, i would say do more than 2 points for and 2 points against, i think you get marks for briefer but more points made

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    thats good stuff! if you are abit stuck and cant analyse each point enough, i would say do more than 2 points for and 2 points against, i think you get marks for briefer but more points made
    You have 30minutes at least to answer the part c) question, so you can develop more than 4 points fully!

ReputationRep:
    Oh I love you.

...but what are the questions?
    Here is one more, a very basic assessment of how the UK economy has performed - good background!
    Attached Files
  3. File Type: doc Assess the performance of the UK economy in the last 10 years.doc (75.0 KB, 180 views)

ReputationRep:
    How long is your exam?
    1 hour each module, corey - these essays are reallly good, but theres no way i can write that much in 30 minutes for part c

ReputationRep:
    Ellie, we just call it plain old AD/AS, yes?

None of this SR/LR stuff? I have it on some of my notes, but only like 2 pages? :confused:
    SR/LR just stands for short run/long run supply, if you haven't been taught it don't worry about it. AS/AD would be fine.

ReputationRep:
    I figured, but ta for clearing up!
    SRAS is just like normal AS, and LRAS is just a vertical line. I should have an example somewhere but can't find it.

ReputationRep:
    Deianra, how well do we need to know national income?

ReputationRep:
    Not very. Mention in 15 marker if relevant, but don't think it's on the spec.?

Baz - new thought. Were you taught by the Chief Examiner for Economics? He's on my Unit 3 web guide which I was just reading, along with a nice request to e-mail him at his Westminster e-mail address if you have any problems. Russell Dudley-Smith?
    Yeah, he's the Head of Economics at Westminster.

ReputationRep:
    100 pages! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    So they don't actually make these people up. Hmm, he wrote a 100 odd page guide for Unit three. Poor man, but helpful. Too many definitions though.
    Well, that's what edexcel pay him to do.

Is he the Cheif examiner? Anyway, a lot of Head of Economics at private schools are examiners, the Head at Eton in an examiner for example; as is the Head of Economics at Harrow.

ReputationRep:
    "Last year many student crossed out as much as 2 sides of writing when they changed thier mind as to which question to answer" My god!

ReputationRep:
    Ok thanks, I'll do that next. Sigh, the more I revise, the more I realise I don't know!

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.