Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

AQA Economics AS Mon 14 June AM watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corey)
    GAH!

Could someone explain the effect of imposing a graduate tax / higher tutition fees on the market...I know that currently because education is a merit good the government subsidies the cost of courses so the universities only have to charge £1,100... (diagram below). But I don't get what the imposition of the ablity to charge a higher cost would do and how to represent it on the diagram...
    not sure what you mean, wouldnt a higher cost just shifts demand leftwards?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    not sure what you mean, wouldnt a higher cost just shifts demand leftwards?
    So, demand would move leftward due to increased cost...and as the people charge £3,000 a disequilbrium is created?

ReputationRep:
    you guys must be the only ones not on the footie threads

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mysticmin)
    you guys must be the only ones not on the footie threads
    i had to f-ing miss the footy match to revise f-ing econ exams, and still i havent finishd :mad:

ReputationRep:
    i had to f-ing miss the footy match to revise f-ing econ exams, and still i havent finishd :mad:
    Guys, it's a bit late now no offence.

I repeat that I did sweet FA revision compared to what you two are doing this year. The exam will always be easier than expected.

Go to bed and get some sleep! It's tomorrow morning

ReputationRep:
    Guys, it's a bit late now no offence.

I repeat that I did sweet FA revision compared to what you two are doing this year. The exam will always be easier than expected.

Go to bed and get some sleep! It's tomorrow morning
    Your forget the fact I haven't opened my philosophy books for module 1/2 yet!! I won't be sleeping

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corey)
    Your forget the fact I haven't opened my philosophy books for module 1/2 yet!! I won't be sleeping
    oh come on guys...you're going to be really tired for tomorrows economics exam, which starts at 9am times short, you're stressed and you have to think on your feet, would help if you were less tired.

I hope deianra's actually gone to sleep she was muttering something about unit 3.

ReputationRep:
    oh come on guys...you're going to be really tired for tomorrows economics exam, which starts at 9am times short, you're stressed and you have to think on your feet, would help if you were less tired.
    im sure coffee would be ok

ReputationRep:
    im sure coffee would be ok
    no it won't. economics requires a large degree of thinking on your feet. you can't just churn out definitions and diagrams, especially when you have to evaluate.

ReputationRep:
    no it won't. economics requires a large degree of thinking on your feet. you can't just churn out definitions and diagrams, especially when you have to evaluate.
    red bull

ReputationRep:
    With due respect, this is AS-Level. Having done the A2, these modules will seem child's play.

ReputationRep:
    why i cant i think on my feet with coffee :mad:

ReputationRep:
    why i cant i think on my feet with coffee :mad:
    Fine ignore my advice. I got my UMS from sleep, not revision

ReputationRep:
    What is progressive/regressive/and proportional taxation..?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DazzaWazza)
    progressive - income tax, more the richer you get
    proportional - flat rate of 5% for instance on your income
    regressive - impact on the poorest the most

ReputationRep:
    progressive tax - as peoples income rises, they pay agreat proprtion of their income of the tax

regressive is opposite

anyways guys how do i do this

year 1999 (inflation rate 3% Rate of growth of money national income 5%),2000 (inflation rate 4% Rate of growth of national income 6%),2001( inflation rate 3%, rate of growth of money national income 2%),2002 (inflation rate 1% rate of growth of money national income 1%)

from the data it can be inferred that over the period 1999-2002 the level of real national income increased by approx:

3%
    5%
    11%
    14%

which?

economics unit 2 part 1 objective test national economy qu. 5 aqa

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corey)
    progressive - income tax, more the richer you get
    proportional - flat rate of 5% for instance on your income
    regressive - impact on the poorest the most
    Thanks. So VAT is proportional tax yes?

ReputationRep:
    progressive tax - as peoples income rises, they pay agreat proprtion of their income of the tax

regressive is opposite

anyways guys how do i do this

year 1999 (inflation rate 3% Rate of growth of money national income 5%),2000 (inflation rate 4% Rate of growth of national income 6%),2001( inflation rate 3%, rate of growth of money national income 2%),2002 (inflation rate 1% rate of growth of money national income 1%)

from the data it can be inferred that over the period 1999-2002 the level of real national income increased by approx:

3%
    5%
    11%
    14%

which?

economics unit 2 part 1 objective test national economy qu. 5 aqa

cmon sssomeone please do this quesetoion

ReputationRep:
    Thanks. So VAT is proportional tax yes?
    VAT is regressive, as the poor lose a greater proportion of their income through it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZJuwelH)
    With due respect, this is AS-Level. Having done the A2, these modules will seem child's play.
    Those two haven't done A2. I'm the one doing A2 and I'm not resitting any modules

Dieanra - I am so not a traitor...I jumped out of the bandwagon while it was still going at relatively high speed. Would be worse if I dropped out after failing my first year at uni

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.