Writing dissertation on Iran-Iraq war. Need some references/tips!

Watch
MrT100
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi, I am an undergrad economic student and my topic title is "Conflict and Economics: To what extent does armed conflict affect Economic performance". (Case Study: Iraq - Iran 1980 to 88).

What I would like to assess is to what extent specific economic indicators are affected, and to identify which they are and how the state of war interacts with them. (Essentially the key basis behind my entire dissertation is looking at the cost of war and it's implications - Iraq being my focus area. This would all be from an economist perspective).

I considered looking at the Gulf War instead as Iraq's foreign policy and trade were irrevocably changed after 1991, so indicators from that period are more conducive to long-term analysis. I'm still open to that. Any comments on the idea of the Iran-Iraq war's economic effects as too short term (from Iraq's POV) for rigorous analysis?
Inazuma
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
... Isn't that your job to find?! Jeesh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (139)
42.77%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (38)
11.69%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (27)
8.31%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (68)
20.92%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
10.46%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
5.85%

Watched Threads