How do you tell someone they stink?

Watch
LondonGirl21
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
So there's this girl in my sixth form, we kinda used to be friends in secondary -more my friends friend- and she's started distancing herself.
She's in a couple of my classes and in Economics I sit behind her and her BO wafts back and I can smell it.
In one of my Sociology classes, I sit next to her and it was really bad today. She smells of BO all the time but today she stunk up the whole classroom. You know when you walk into the classroom and there's this smell, this one was ten times worse and worse because I was sitting next to her. At one point, I started choking on it- I don't even know how- so I sat with my jumper wrapped around my face. Other people picked up on it too.
The problem is, I don't think she's knows it her or necessarily how bad it is.

So I want some advice on how to deal with it and if I tell her what to say. I don't want to sound rude because it's not nice for someone to say you stink. So what should I do? And what should I stay? Any ideas?
Thickfreakness
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Don't say anything. Man up and smell that ****. I've been in this situation many times with a few girls and I've always kept my mouth shut.
arcenciel21
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
omg this has happened to me as well. we told the teacher to have a talk with her....
LondonGirl21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by arcenciel21)
omg this has happened to me as well. we told the teacher to have a talk with her....
Thank you, I was thinking about that today. I was just wondering which one.
tehforum
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Sickening.

I know what you mean when the unwashed get on the bus.

oh lawd
z33
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
in class, tell them to put their hand up for you because you're writing, while they have their hand up, tell them to look to the right or whatever arm they're holding up

their nose will end up right in their armpits and they'll faint

that should get the message across
Still Sweet
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I guess tell the teacher

If you're in primary school.

Go up to her after class and say, hey, do you have a hard time getting soap?

Now if you're wanting to avoid confrontation, then don't sit next to her or make a fuss like omg what is that smell?
thecatwithnohat
Report 5 years ago
Ew :erm:

There's one thing you can do: don't. It will really hurt their feelings and make them feel INCREDIBLY embarrassed if you mention it to them.
Still Sweet
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by tehforum)
Sickening.

I know what you mean when the unwashed get on the bus.

oh lawd
Ohh God I literally have been punched in the face and almost keeled over for the doors opening and letting loose this horrible smell thickening in the hot air on the train.
thecatwithnohat
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by z33)
in class, tell them to put their hand up for you because you're writing, while they have their hand up, tell them to look to the right or whatever arm they're holding up

their nose will end up right in their armpits and they'll faint

that should get the message across
I laughed really hard at this. :rofl:
MrsSheldonCooper
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Accidentally spray deodorant on them?
username917703
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
'Mate, you smell like you have a Holland's meat and potato pie under each armpit'.

Reminds me of a lad in my class who I used to play football with. Orannie was his name and he absolutely stunk of piss.
z33
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by thecatwithnohat)
I laughed really hard at this. :rofl:
:lol: haha i'm glad
Still Sweet
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
Accidentally spray deodorant on them?
I was thinking this :toofunny:
Still Sweet
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Wilfred Little)
'Mate, you smell like you have a Holland's meat and potato pie under each armpit'.
If you wanna get zapped in the face, listen to this guy.
tehforum
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Still Sweet)
Ohh God I literally have been punched in the face and almost keeled over for the doors opening and letting loose this horrible smell thickening in the hot air on the train.
Punched in the face?

Tell me more
Still Sweet
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by tehforum)
Punched in the face?

Tell me more
I meant punched in the face by the smell, because I almost keeled over when it hits me. Y'know? :erm:
If you wanted some story of me getting punched in the face, I've only got one and it's not very epic.
EducatedFH
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
well you could use a perfume/deodorant in the classroom and offer her some as well or you could tell her to try it because it smells nice
Sabertooth
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think you should be honest with her. If I stank I would hope that someone was frank with me. She might be embarrassed but long-term I think she would thank you.
abc:)
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by LondonGirl21)
.Any ideas?

If you hang out with her, you could bring up personal hygiene, as one of those pointless things friends talk about. At uni in my house we would have conversations like 'omg I haven't showered for three days!' (that did happen, it does happen, we probably smelled like your friend). If you say something like that, she might go 'wait what, you shower more than every three days?' and there's your opportunity to tell her yes, that's normal, that's what people should do.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (31)
19.02%
I'm not sure (3)
1.84%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (53)
32.52%
I have already dropped out (3)
1.84%
I'm not a current university student (73)
44.79%

Watched Threads