The Student Room Group

How do you tell someone they stink?

Scroll to see replies

I've never really been fussed enough to tell them directly. If I find that someone had a bad smell to them, then I move away.
Thanks for your comments, they're really helpful.
The ones where you say tell her and casually bring that up in conversation. It's difficult because outside lessons like in the hallway and at lunch and break she doesn't talk to me and barely acknowledges me. So it's hard to do that. I think I'll tell her though. I have to. It's destroying my sense of smell.
hey i just met you, and this is crazy, but here's some deo!! so spray it maybe
Do Secret Santa and purposely get her and buy her deodorant.
Get your spray out and quietly squeeze it by her stinking armpits, by her minge and stinking feet
just tell them, they always appreciate it and so would i if someone told me and i did smell. a mate i work with was a walking talking urine sample, so i told her
Tell her tactfully when you two are on your own, or even write her a little note. You could even say you've heard other people talking about her and saying how she smells and say like you don't want her to get bullied because of it.

Don't spray deodorant on her or whatever as that's rude and she'll just end up smelling like deodorant and B.O which makes me personally want to vomit even more when they're mixed together.
via facebook
Reply 48
"Fam you stink!" Then proceed to pass them a bar of soap.
Post her 1st name and email on this thread, get us to tell her for you.
Original post by Laomedeia
Post her 1st name and email on this thread, get us to tell her for you.

One of my friends have texted her about it, but thanks for the offer. :P
Original post by LondonGirl21
One of my friends have texted her about it, but thanks for the offer. :P

op delivered
Original post by Wilfred Little
'Mate, you smell like you have a Holland's meat and potato pie under each armpit'.

Reminds me of a lad in my class who I used to play football with. Orannie was his name and he absolutely stunk of piss.

Was there ever a reason why he stunk of piss?
Original post by Ripper Phoenix
hey i just met you, and this is crazy, but here's some deo!! so spray it maybe

Original post by ILovePancakes
Do Secret Santa and purposely get her and buy her deodorant.

I've almost used up all the positive reps I can give out today on comments like these haha
Original post by Invisi97
I've almost used up all the positive reps I can give out today on comments like these haha

Rep is unlimited in the magical domain of TSR :bubbles:
Original post by Reeeeyah
Tell her tactfully when you two are on your own, or even write her a little note. You could even say you've heard other people talking about her and saying how she smells and say like you don't want her to get bullied because of it.

Don't spray deodorant on her or whatever as that's rude and she'll just end up smelling like deodorant and B.O which makes me personally want to vomit even more when they're mixed together.

So true. I don't understand why some people think they can mask smells by putting on deodorant quickly if they haven't bothered to shower
It's actually a massive red flag that a child, or teenager may be being abused at home if they stop taking care if their personal hygiene. As it is used as a defence mechanism, in the kind of thought process of "if I reek, maybe dad will stop coming into my room at night".

You people have no idea what is going on with this girl. She could be going through a lot, and spraying deodorant on her and calling her names could just make her feel even more isolated an alone. I'm sorry but that is just straight up bullying and you should feel ashamed.

At OP if you feel up to it, talk to this girl and ask her if everything is okay. If not talk to your teacher about it and tell her you're concerned.
Original post by SophieSmall
It's actually a massive red flag that a child, or teenager may be being abused at home if they stop taking care if their personal hygiene. As it is used as a defence mechanism, in the kind of thought process of "if I reek, maybe dad will stop coming into my room at night".

that has never occurred to me before. God :frown:
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
that has never occurred to me before. God :frown:

I don't blame people for not knowing specific red flags to abuse.
But some people on here clearly have absolutely no empathy or ability to think about why this girl may not be bathing. It's shocking how cruel people can be, it's frankly disgusting how they think it should be handled.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending