Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

it seems as they though are students/part timers, how much do you think they get paid an hour for doing this?

would be a good part time job

ReputationRep:
    dazzie hehee u wonna becom a ballboy?

ReputationRep:
    Every year the All England Lawn Tennis club picks a local school and gets thheir ballboys from that school. As far as I know, it's voluntary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hornblower)
    Every year the All England Lawn Tennis club picks a local school and gets thheir ballboys from that school. As far as I know, it's voluntary.
    someone at my school ( in my year) was a ball girl at wimbledon last year - They do get paid, and it goes up with experience i think.

(Original post by hornblower)
    heh ah right, thanks for that - interesting

(Original post by StrawberryKiss)
    dazzie hehee u wonna becom a ballboy?
    no

(Original post by Aylia)
    someone at my school ( in my year) was a ball girl at wimbledon last year - They do get paid, and it goes up with experience i think.
    it seems as though all the hot girls are the ones that are picked

ReputationRep:
    I thought you had to belong to a Tennis club and were a good player yourself... i think my dad told me that so therefore it is probably wrong!!!

Lou
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    It's quite a tough job, as far as I can remember. It requires extensive training.

(Original post by sparkly_tiara)
    I thought you had to belong to a Tennis club and were a good player yourself... i think my dad told me that so therefore it is probably wrong!!!

Lou
    xxx
    well i remember last year the commentator saying about how his daughter admired andy roddick and that she was a ball girl studying for her a |v|'s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DazYa911)
    it seems as though all the hot girls are the ones that are picked

I wouldn't describe the person I know like that... .. She is a good tennis player though!

(Original post by Bigcnee)
    It's quite a tough job, as far as I can remember. It requires extensive training.
    i couldn't agree more as most of it its on live TV

(Original post by Aylia)
    I wouldn't describe the person I know like that... .. She is a good tennis player though!
    there are some real stunners on the court - i wonder how they can focus on what they're doing ( the tennis players )
    ;p

ReputationRep:
    there are some real stunners on the court - i wonder how they can focus on what they're doing ( the tennis players )
    ;p

*one track mind*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigcnee)
    Is that for the running or the picking up of balls?

(Original post by blissy)
    well they have to know their positions and where to go and have to do all that stuff with their arms and hands

ReputationRep:
    lol

ReputationRep:
    I was a ball girl at Wimbledon in 2000 and 2001....bit of info - you have to train for 7 months before you get selected. The training was pretty tough, if your trainers weren't spotless when you got to the indoor courts (where the training was) then you had to clean them with a toothbrush, or sometimes you just got sent home. We did circuit training every week and cross-country every day up until the championships - and if you moan, they chuck you out.

There are about 150 ball girls and boys at The Championships....they are all selected from the schools in the area. You can't get a job as a ball boy or ball girl - it's usually a school-run thing. You don't get 'paid' as such for being a ball boy/girl at Wimbledon - you get a cheque for 100 quid in a letter from the chairman to say thank you.

ReputationRep:
    well they have to know their positions and where to go and have to do all that stuff with their arms and hands
    Catching?

Catching?

lol noooooo the salute things.

its like the army haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by who_me)
    you get a cheque for 100 quid in a letter from the chairman to say thank you.
    Did you get any famous signatures?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 12, 2004
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.