Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    Did you get any famous signatures?
    No, but Tim Henman spat on me once haha. I got to play on centre court....mansour bahrami (senior player who always messes around) handed me the racket and I was like "errm...." but I played anyway, at least I got it over the net and didn't completely embarrass myself!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by who_me)
    No, but Tim Henman spat on me once haha.
    I got to play on centre court....mansour bahrami (senior player who always messes around)
    How did that incident came about?

Also was that bharmi guy the really funny person that can play tennis sitting down?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    How did that incident came about?

Also was that bharmi guy the really funny person that can play tennis sitting down?
    Henman walked to the back of the court nr where I was standing, and spat on the floor...but it sprayed all over me and I just had to stand there - it was disgusting!

Yep, that's him...he's one of my favourites!

Don't take that abuse, you should have shown him what your salivas made of!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    Don't take that abuse, you should have shown him what your salivas made of!
    Yeah, can you imagine the news story "ball girl attacks henman"

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, can you imagine the news story "ball girl attacks henman"
    hehe

didnt a ball girl get hit by a tennis ball once?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikzen)
    hehe

didnt a ball girl get hit by a tennis ball once?
    That happens all the time! I got hit by a Rusedski serve at 135mph...right on the knee...!
    Henman threw his racket once and hit a ball girl. He sent her flowers afterwards.

ReputationRep:
    That happens all the time! I got hit by a Rusedski serve at 135mph...right on the knee...!
    Henman threw his racket once and hit a ball girl. He sent her flowers afterwards.
    OW!
    i think i remember one girl got caught in the face :eek:

Has a ball boy ever been hit between the legs? That would be so painful, but also so hillarious to watch!

I've been hit there playing cricket before and nobody helped me up or anything, just laughed, so i'm allowed to be cruel about it - everyone else is!

Has a ball boy ever been hit between the legs? That would be so painful, but also so hillarious to watch!

I've been hit there
    LOL hahahahahahaa

ReputationRep:

I've been hit there playing cricket before and nobody helped me up or anything, just laughed, so i'm allowed to be cruel about it - everyone else is!
    ouch. i once went paintballing and a little kid got shot in the knackers IN THE FIRST ROUND. he was only 10 or something.

ouch.

It wasn't bloody funny, i was wicket keeper and somebody bowled the ball, the batsman left it, it bounced then rose up in a rather unkind place. It was a real ball as well, and for anybody that doesn't know - they're a lot harder then tennis balls. It wasn't 135mph though, thank God!

ReputationRep:
    It wasn't bloody funny, i was wicket keeper and somebody bowled the ball, the batsman left it, it bounced then rose up in a rather unkind place. It was a real ball as well, and for anybody that doesn't know - they're a lot harder then tennis balls. It wasn't 135mph though, thank God!
    Arn't you supposed to wear those plastic things?

Yes you are, i call them a box, but all my friends say i should call them cups, so i don't know their proper name either. I didn't use to wear them because i thought they felt weird, but that made me regret it. I stopped playing cricket not long after that anyway so it never happened again.

ReputationRep:
    No, but Tim Henman spat on me once haha. I got to play on centre court....mansour bahrami (senior player who always messes around) handed me the racket and I was like "errm...." but I played anyway, at least I got it over the net and didn't completely embarrass myself!
    i love that guy !!! (bharami)

(Original post by kikzen)
    ouch. i once went paintballing and a little kid got shot in the knackers IN THE FIRST ROUND. he was only 10 or something.

ouch.
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL oh gawd.

lmfao

ReputationRep:
    Oh you're so lucky that you got to play. Not too many peoplr get to do that. How come you weren't able to get any autographs? I love the bahrami man. He's well funny! Do all ball girls/ball girls get to be on centre court as a ball girl/ball girl? Did some people go on it more than once? Is it only the best ones who get chosen to be on court during the finals? Was there a lot of competition between the ball girls/boys to be on the court in the big ones? Sorry about the many questions. I'm just curious!

You don't get 'paid' as such for being a ball boy/girl at Wimbledon - you get a cheque for 100 quid in a letter from the chairman to say thank you.
    Plus you can sell all the uniform you're given after the tournament.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Oh you're so lucky that you got to play. Not too many peoplr get to do that. How come you weren't able to get any autographs? I love the bahrami man. He's well funny! Do all ball girls/ball girls get to be on centre court as a ball girl/ball girl? Did some people go on it more than once? Is it only the best ones who get chosen to be on court during the finals? Was there a lot of competition between the ball girls/boys to be on the court in the big ones? Sorry about the many questions. I'm just curious!
    We didn't get autographs 'cause we're told to act 'professionally' - we weren't allowed to ask the players. I did some other tournaments before Wimbledon though and got a few, Pat Cash also gave me his headband at a Seniors tournament!

Ball boys and ball girls are split up into teams of 6....4 bases (the ones who stand at the back) and 2 centres (at the net). You stay in the same teams for the duration. Each team is assigned a court or number of courts - I was in team A1 - the only teams that got to be on centre court and number 1 were A1 A2 B1 and B2...apparently we were considered 'the best'. I got to do the finals as well which was excellent - Sampras and Agassi one year, the Williams sisters as well....I also got chosen to do a report for Australian TV which was fun! They only choose 4 teams for the finals, and you work in 1 hr shifts. The people chosen for the finals are usually those in the top teams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harry Potter)
    Plus you can sell all the uniform you're given after the tournament.
    We were told that if we sold our uniform, we would get expelled from school.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 12, 2004
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.