Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DazYa911)
    it seems as they though are students/part timers, how much do you think they get paid an hour for doing this?

would be a good part time job
    (Original post by strawberrykiss)
    dazzie hehee u wonna becom a ballboy?
    your so pathetic, talking to yourself now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    Yes you are, i call them a box, but all my friends say i should call them cups, so i don't know their proper name either. I didn't use to wear them because i thought they felt weird, but that made me regret it. I stopped playing cricket not long after that anyway so it never happened again.
    It's a box. Or was when I played! I got hit in the 'nads and in the ear and gave up haha! Cricket balls HURT!

Indeed they do hurt, a lot!

p.s. LOL! Mr Nice dancing is brilliant!

(Original post by who_me)
    We were told that if we sold our uniform, we would get expelled from school.
    :eek:

Why on earth would they do that? Our head of year just told people that they'd probably regret it when they were older. I don't see anything wrong with it, or how it's any of the schools business for that matter.

Indeed they do hurt, a lot!

p.s. LOL! Mr Nice dancing is brilliant!
    i'm so thankful that my ... have never been ' smacked ' by cricket balls ;/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    Arn't you supposed to wear those plastic things?
    You mean a cup? Reminds me of a Simpsons episode..

lol i hot hit in the head once and had a concussion. I think i'm just very injury prone, i must have bad karma.

lol i hot hit in the head once and had a concussion. I think i'm just very injury prone, i must have bad karma.
    i'm assuming this is with a cricket ball

Indeed. I was in silly mid off and the batsman did a hook shot into my cranium. I wasn't wearing a helmet.

Indeed. I was in silly mid off and the batsman did a hook shot into my cranium. I wasn't wearing a helmet.
    the teacher shouted " heads up " and this kid looked up and the cricket ball whacked him in the face/head

ReputationRep:
    I got smacked in the face with a cricket bat when I was about 8, I was at my friend's house and cos she's got a big family we were playing cricket and I was the backstop or something but I stood too close to the batter and got hit in my jaw full swing with the bat as they swung it back, it really hurt and was horrible

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 12, 2004
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.