The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE, UCL, KCL applicant

I only got BCCD in my a levels (geog, maths, bio and french) and 5A*'s + 5A's in GCSE. I want to apply to management at these unis...what are my chances?
Unis: UCL, KCL, LSE, Birmingham, SOAS
Original post by AW97
I only got BCCD in my a levels (geog, maths, bio and french) and 5A*'s + 5A's in GCSE. I want to apply to management at these unis...what are my chances?
Unis: UCL, KCL, LSE, Birmingham, SOAS

Going to be brutally honest here, but honestly your chances for UCL, KCL and LSE are extremely low in my opinion. You can try and write an amazing personal statement and maybe one of them may accept you but realistically its not likely.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Thanks, I appreciate the honesty and kind of know it inside. My predictions are ABB though...does that help at all?
[QUOTE=OrionMusicNet;59834237]Going to be brutally honest here, but honestly your chances for UCL, KCL and LSE are extremely low in my opinion. You can try and write an amazing personal statement and maybe one of them may accept you but realistically its not likely.
Original post by AW97
Thanks, I appreciate the honesty and kind of know it inside. My predictions are ABB though...does that help at all?

Considering some of the unis are asking for 3A's not really unfortunately. What I would say is to maybe have one risky choice, and the rest all = to your grades or lower. That way if you do better at the end of the year and manage to get 3A's then you can reapply in the gap year and go for management, if not then just take whatever your firm option was or go into clearing if you change your mind last minute (make sure you think about your firm and insurance properly to avoid this though)
Reply 4
In clearing, do you apply to five choices again? How does it work? As I feel like that will be my only option
[QUOTE=OrionMusicNet;59834935]Considering some of the unis are asking for 3A's not really unfortunately. What I would say is to maybe have one risky choice, and the rest all = to your grades or lower. That way if you do better at the end of the year and manage to get 3A's then you can reapply in the gap year and go for management, if not then just take whatever your firm option was or go into clearing if you change your mind last minute (make sure you think about your firm and insurance properly to avoid this though)
I'm not sure about clearing though.

Yo, guys, would there be places for you if you got a*aa or aaa at UCL or KCL?
Original post by AW97
In clearing, do you apply to five choices again? How does it work? As I feel like that will be my only option

You can call an unlimited number of unis but LSE,UCL don't take part in it
Original post by Ser Alex Toyne
I'm not sure about clearing though.

Yo, guys, would there be places for you if you got a*aa or aaa at UCL or KCL?

If you exceed your firm offer,they do part in adjustment.They'll consider you but remember these places are competitive
Original post by AW97

All 3 universities require at least AAA so an offer is not very likely as there will be more applicants who already meet the minimum requirements than places available.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending