Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Psychology A Jan 04 pya4 pya5 questions needed watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello im in need of questions 2, 5 and 11 from pya 4.

Also question 2 and both questions on issues in psychology from pya 5

all from January this year.... your help is much appreciated :cool:

ReputationRep:
    *bump*

ReputationRep:
    hey is question 11 adulthood or personality/ gender/ adolescence?
    jan 2004 was gender and then adult life events with reference to gender! i didnt know anythign on gender so didnt do too well on that question! No idea what 5 was, but is 2 relationships? if yes it was on cross cultural

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cool_guy769)
    hey is question 11 adulthood or personality/ gender/ adolescence?
    jan 2004 was gender and then adult life events with reference to gender! i didnt know anythign on gender so didnt do too well on that question! No idea what 5 was, but is 2 relationships? if yes it was on cross cultural
    Q 2 - Relationships
    Q 5 - Sleep/Dreaming etc
    Q 11 - Adolescence/Gender etc

Do you have the past paper?

Ive noticed a pattern on the exam paper so i just wanna confirm it?

Or could anyone else be kind enough to post them up

ReputationRep:
    in 2 and 11 only 1 more topic on each has not been covered! Thus im banking on them!

ReputationRep:
    Yep thats what i was thinking too...
    Do you think the examiners will go to rule & ask the question that has yet to be asked or do you think that they will just ask a random one because its too obvious & i dont have enough time to go through everything :confused:

Im gonna focus on these areas & on sleep too

ReputationRep:
    im hoping the will stick with the rule they have for about 5 papers now so would make sense to carry it on, however i was told they if a question has been done really badly they sometimes put that one on and change what they were originally going to use.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cool_guy769)
    in 2 and 11 only 1 more topic on each has not been covered! Thus im banking on them!
    What topics are you thinking of? Out of interest..

ReputationRep:
    question 2

describe & evaluate research (explanations and/or studies) relating to differences between realtionships in western and non-western cultures. (24 marks)

question 5

outline and evaluate research studies of two bilogical rhythms (e.g. circadian, infradian, ultradian rhythms) (24 marks)

question 11

critically consider one or more explanations of the develpoment of gender roles and/or gender identity (24 marks)

ReputationRep:
    yeah what question are u thinking are gonna come up. for relation ships i was thinking interpersonal atrraction.

ReputationRep:
    OOh I'll be pleased if it is interpersonal attraction.. Did my coursework on matching hypothesis and as a result it's about the only topic where the names of people are actually in my head !!

I'll be glad as long as its not understudied relationships. I'm not very good on that one. :/ Could possibly just about fill half an hour writing about them though..

ReputationRep:
    Ohhhhhh my goshhhhhhh :eek:

Q2) That means (most likely) that 'Explanations and research relating to interpersonal attraction'

Q5) Between either 'Evolution of sleep' 'Total sleep deprivation' or 'Partial sleep deprivation'

Q11) 'Cultural differences in adolescent behaviour'

I dont know how far everyone is into thier revision yet but i dont think ill be able to cover the whole syl by next Friday. Im going to focus on these areas then go back to everything else.

what is everyone else planning on doing? Do you think im making a mistake by assuming that these topic areas will come up?

ReputationRep:
    for question 11 my teacher also thought cultural differences would come up but i thought it might be the first bit. im not gona do that topic anyway.
    and i realy hope interpersonal attraction comes up

ReputationRep:
    Hmm.. I'd be extremely weary before trying to 2nd guess the exam board.. There are no guarantees other than it will be from the subsection "social & personal development"..

ReputationRep:
    Hmm.. cultural differences in adolesence anyway.. What are they?!?

ReputationRep:
    sexuality, rights of passage, educational attainment blah blah blah

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.