The Student Room Group

Oxford maths degree

I was wondering if it would be realistic to apply to Oxford with predicted grades of A* in maths, A in further maths and A in chemistry.

I did 5 AS's and I got an A and 3B's. However, I failed my fifth AS as I wasn't on good terms with it throughout the year and our sixthform was seriously behind in f. maths that it took up a lot of my time.
EDIT: 5th subject (which failed) was AS Geography.
I've learnt a lot of spare maths along with a few crazy theories too out of interest but is it enough?
(edited 8 years ago)
Bump
Reply 2
Original post by RosesAreBlue
I was wondering if it would be realistic to apply to Oxford with predicted grades of A* in maths, A in further maths and A in chemistry.

I did 5 AS's and I got an A and 3B's. However, I failed my fifth AS as I wasn't on good terms with it throughout the year and our sixthform was seriously behind in f. maths that it took up a lot of my time.
EDIT: 5th subject (which failed) was AS Geography.
I've learnt a lot of spare maths along with a few crazy theories too out of interest but is it enough?

Not without an A* prediction in f.maths. You have a better chance of getting into the maths and compsci joint honours or just compsci (the standard offer is A*AA).

I you struggled with f.maths AS then i really wouldn't recommend apply to Ox for maths. May I ask why you did 5 AS levels?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending