The Student Room Group

URGENT AS LEVEL HELP FOR MEDICINE!! Plz help .....

I g
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 1
don't worry, it's just the start phase, don't drop maths yet. Critical thinking isn't accepted by unis for medicine as an A level
so just drop that, extra effort for nothing
you can do an EPQ if you want, it doesn't take long at all but don't worry about that yet
physics is harder at A2 than at AS
I did physics AS, the course is designed to be done without maths, however idk what it's like for the new syllabus.
If you do mechanics in maths, it's basically the same as physics
maths opens up more doors
and yes physics will be much harder without maths because at A2 you get logs and other calculations. You'll also meet those in A2 chemistry. Maths will make that easier. It might be hard at first, but you'll improve

however it really depends on you. I got a B and was encouraged to take maths but i just do not get maths and i loved physics
ended up with a C at AS though, dropped it and retaking unit 2 this year, but would've gotten a U if i took maths

so idk depends on what you feel you're stronger at
Reply 2
Original post by Ishea16
Thanks I think I'm ging to keep MATHS and see how it goes, we have a retest for people who failed (me) in 2 weeks if I don't improve then it won't be a hard decision to take on what to do next because I'll be kicked out

yupp good luck! Get tuition, and ask the teacher until you can ask no more. Make sure you understand everything. EVERYTHING.

Quick Reply

Latest