Will my predicted grades and grades be enough to get AAA offers?

Watch
ChappatiMan
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
At AS I got ABCC but i was expecting AABC
However as i got a high A in one module of my C in history I have been predicted
A*AA
Will that be enough to have a fairly decent chance at getting offers for AAA courses?
Ahmed766
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yes? A*AA is more than enough for the AAA in terms of grades. You should look to see if you satisfy other variables for the desired universities and make sure to meet or exceed your predictions.
ChappatiMan
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ahmed766)
Yes? A*AA is more than enough for the AAA in terms of grades. You should look to see if you satisfy other variables for the desired universities and make sure to meet or exceed your predictions.
Dope boss, i was just worried that they would not take my Predictions seriously, however i think they are pretty accurate of what i will get this year hopefully
CLGC98
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What are you applying for ?
Ahmed766
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ChappatiMan)
Dope boss, i was just worried that they would not take my Predictions seriously, however i think they are pretty accurate of what i will get this year hopefully
Yeah I think the predictions are pretty realistic, It would be unrealistic if someone say got BBB was predicted A*A*A*.
AK 12
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ChappatiMan)
At AS I got ABCC but i was expecting AABC
However as i got a high A in one module of my C in history I have been predicted
A*AA
Will that be enough to have a fairly decent chance at getting offers for AAA courses?
Ye im predicted A*AA from BBCD
Ahmed766
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by AK 12)
It's pretty hard to achieve A*AA from there but not impossible, I believe Unis may ask you why your teachers predicted you that from your current grades e.g. were there problems at As if there's an interview. I think you should go for it but do take care because A2 is a jump from As and being predicted high grades may not always be good because some Unis may expect you to meet them. Although many Universities are known to be lenient on achieved grades if you miss your prediction by a grade or two depending on the popularity of the course.
ChappatiMan
Rep:
?
(Original post by CLGC98)
What are you applying for ?
Depending on the Uni either philosophy and history or straight philosophy
itsConnor_
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by AK 12)
Extenuating circumstances in AS or something?
AK 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by itsConnor_)
Extenuating circumstances in AS or something?
AAA i mean
AK 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
AAA i mean
(Original post by Ahmed766)
It's pretty hard to achieve A*AA from there but not impossible, I believe Unis may ask you why your teachers predicted you that from your current grades e.g. were there problems at As if there's an interview. I think you should go for it but do take care because A2 is a jump from As and being predicted high grades may not always be good because some Unis may expect you to meet them. Although many Universities are known to be lenient on achieved grades if you miss your prediction by a grade or two depending on the popularity of the course.
Ahmed766
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by AK 12)
AAA i mean
That's ok I guess but I'd expect your predictions to be AAB from there but I guess 1 grade difference isn't too big
CLGC98
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I personally think getting AAA from BBC is quite a difficult one . Make sure you apply to a range of unis. a AAB - BBC uni is more realistic
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (513)
33.75%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (627)
41.25%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (311)
20.46%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (69)
4.54%

Watched Threads