The Student Room Group

Antisemitism on the rise in the U.K.

According to the anti-defamation league (ADL), antisemitism is on the rise in the U.K. (and across Western Europe) - http://global100.adl.org/#country/united-kingdom/2015

I personally find this deplorable.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
There is no smoke without fire and, generally, there is no fire without kindling.
Original post by Martyn*
There is no smoke without fire and, generally, there is no fire without kindling.

Gas flames don't have kindling.
Reply 3
Original post by DiddyDec
Gas flames don't have kindling.

I never mentioned gas. But if we are talking about gas (a fuel), then you need to light the gas. Both kindling (wood) and gas lighter (flint, quartz, etc) are instruments essential to ignite a flame. You cannot have one without the other.
Original post by Martyn*
I never mentioned gas. But if we are talking about gas (a fuel), then you need to light the gas. Both kindling (wood) and gas lighter (flint, quartz, etc) are instruments essential to ignite a flame. You cannot have one without the other.

Or an electrical spark.

Posted from TSR Mobile
History repeats itself.
Original post by Martyn*

I trust you're not saying the Jewish people brought the unparalleled levels of hatred, suffering and discrimination they have faced upon themselves.
Reply 7
Or an electrical spark.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Electricity is energy, but it needs to come from somewhere: charged particles (electrons). What I am saying is that for every effect there is a cause or mulitiple effects and multiple causes. Of course, this doesn't explain the true causes because humans only work in concepts, and that is the only way for us.
Original post by Martyn*
Electricity is energy, but it needs to come from somewhere: charged particles (electrons). What I am saying is that for every effect there is a cause or mulitiple effects and multiple causes. Of course, this doesn't explain the true causes because humans only work in concepts, and that is the only way for us.

So what was the spark that caused Jews to face this kind of abuse?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by BestBehaviour
I trust you're not saying the Jewish people brought the unparalleled levels of hatred, suffering and discrimination they have faced upon themselves.

I am not saying that and I won't be trapped by the manipulative charge of anti-semitism. The wars were an escalation of both connected and disconnected events.
They really have an index and score? sound's quite unscientific.
So what was the spark that caused Jews to face this kind of abuse?

Posted from TSR Mobile

There wasn't one spark, but numerous sparks. The Jews faced abuse because of many reasons; there wasn't just one reason, but in the historical process the Jews were trouble and brought about a chain of events that did not go in their favour until now, when anyone who criticises the official and biased historical reporting of the two world wars is labelled anti-semitic. I am labelled so for saying that the Jews (actually Zionists) declared war on Germany first. Well, they did do. The Jews declared a boycott on German goods. This was only shortly after the rise of Hitlerism. In reponse to the Jews or should I say Zionists, Hitler formed the Havara agreement. You see that the tensions between Germany and the Jews began before the rise of Hitler and wree heightened in Germany by Zionists not by German citizens! This is why the Verein Jewish organisation rebeuffed the accusation that the Nazis were causing tensions. It wasn't the Jews who were responsible for this tension nor the German people, but the Zionists. Jews, generally, in Europe had always faced discrimination so that is nothing new and has its origins in the ancient past. But time and time again, the same pattern emerges: the Zionist Jews (with their base in America) causing trouble across Europe.
(edited 8 years ago)
I mght add that the Natscha Retsch, a Zionist newspaper at the time in 1933, were part of the propaganda to escalate anti-German feeling. So when we are talking about causes and sparks: well, there were many at that time, but in the first instance it appears that the Zionists were the instigators of the chain of events that led up to Hitler's henchman carrying out those attrocities.
Original post by Martyn*
There wasn't one spark, but numerous sparks. The Jews faced abuse because of many reasons; there wasn't just one reason, but in the historical process the Jews were trouble and brought about a chain of events that did not go in their favour until now, when anyone who criticises the official and biased historical reporting of the two world wars is labelled anti-semitic. I am labelled so for saying that the Jews (actually Zionists) declared war on Germany first. Well, they did do. The Jews declared a boycott on German goods. This was only shortly after the rise of Hitlerism. In reponse to the Jews or should I say Zionists, Hitler formed the Havara agreement. You see that the tensions between Germany and the Jews began before the rise of Hitler and wree heightened in Germany by Zionists not by German citizens! This is why the Verein Jewish organisation rebeuffed the accusation that the Nazis were causing tensions. It wasn't the Jews who were responsible for this tension nor the German people, but the Zionists. Jews, generally, in Europe had always faced discrimination so that is nothing new and has its origins in the ancient past. But time and time again, the same pattern emerges: the Zionist Jews (with their base in America) causing trouble across Europe.

Now history is not my strong point but I'm going to take your word on this one.

So why are Jews being abused for something that many of them had no part in and I would say not very publicly well known?

Do you think that thre Jews deserve the abuse they are getting?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think that's kind of a shame. The Jewish people suffered so much during the Holocaust, they've contributed so much to science and Western society since World War II, and now people are getting these paranoid ideas about them and starting to hate them again. :/

Where does all this negative sentiment against Jewish people come from? It's like the ghosts of all those German Nazis keep coming back and possessing living people. It's an idea that just won't die.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by WokSz
According to the anti-defamation league (ADL), antisemitism is on the rise in the U.K. (and across Western Europe) - http://global100.adl.org/#country/united-kingdom/2015

I personally find this deplorable.

I personally find this fictional.
Original post by jeremy1988
I think that's kind of a shame. The Jewish people suffered so much during the Holocaust, they've contributed so much to science and Western society since World War II, and now people are getting these paranoid ideas about them and starting to hate them again. :/

Where does all this negative sentiment against Jewish people come from? It's like the ghosts of all those German Nazis keep coming back and possessing living people. It's an idea that just won't die.

A belief that Jewish people want to destroy western civilisation as recompense for the holocaust, a disenchantment with the wildly disproportionate representation of Jewish people amongst the wealthiest people in western civilisation (and at the top of many an industry), the Palestinian conflict and the predisposition of progressives to side with anything relating to Islam...

...we could take our pick really. Prejudice is prejudice, and, in the absence of tangible evidence, is as fictitious and irrational as a sample of people being indicative of 'anti-semitism' being on the rise in The UK.

Then again, it's all semantics and I hate semantics - one might call me an anti-semantic bastard (I had to shoehorn this joke in).
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Martyn*

Contrary to what you claim, there was no organized boycott of German goods by the international Jewish community; indeed the leaders of the Jewish community in Palestine (i.e. the Zionists you are talking about) sent a telegram to the Reich Chancellery ‘offering assurances that no authorized body in Palestine had declared or intended to declare a trade boycott of Germany’.

There were to be sure, protests outside Germany and attempts by some Jewish groups in America to boycot German goods, but these was neither organized nor co-ordinated, and certainly not undertaken at the behest of the German Jews. And they were, in any case, a response to anti-Jewish violence by the SA which had broken out in Germany immediately after the March 1933 elections.

Indeed, the idea of a boycott of Jewish shops and businesses was not first mooted as a response to foreign criticism of Nazi policies in March 1933 but had been frequently proposed by a variety of Nazis over the previous two years.
Original post by Martyn*
I am not saying that and I won't be trapped by the manipulative charge of anti-semitism. The wars were an escalation of both connected and disconnected events.

Don't try to squirm out of this you little weasel, it's clear what you're insinuating
Original post by KimKallstrom
Don't try to squirm out of this you little weasel, it's clear what you're insinuating

His statements about the Jews' alleged boycott of German goods are a dead giveaway.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending