The Student Room Group

I can't choose,help!

I should be starting to write my personal statement but I can't make up my mind :s-smilie:

I know it's between nursing and biomedicine. I originally wanted to do postgrad medicine but I can't apply right now because I have non science A Levels (English,History,Sociology AAA) I am doing an access course in science at the moment and there is no way I can do like a medical access or anything like that as they're all miles away from me. I'm on my gap year right now.

As for biomedicine I would be purely doing it for the postgraduate medicine reason however aspects of it do interest me ie disease etc but the fact that there is no patient contact puts me off. Also people say that it is hard to get a job, and uni I am planning to go to does not accredit this course (found this out a few days ago) which makes me even less likely to get a job! I also would have to do science foundation year first because of my lack of a levels which means 4 years at uni which sort of puts me off as well because I wanna get straight into it. The fact that I might not even get into medicine, I would need a stable job, well-ish paid job.

Nursing is what I originally wanted to do. I have plenty of work experience in healthcare settings etc I just feel like all nursing will be is cleaning after people? Don't get me wrong I would much rather do nursing, then work for a few years and maybe apply to medicine (who knows I might even want to stay in nursing) but won't I have lower chances with a nursing degree compared to biomed? I have applied to do work experience foreshadowing a nurse to see what it's like a bit more (I don't have direct experience with nursing just things like volunteering at hospital,HCA etc.) People have been telling me that they see me as a nurse eg my tutor said I would really blossom in it, which makes me think if people see me that way maybe I should do it?

I just don't feel like I have got the time to think about it all:frown: I don't know how long it's gonna take to finalise my work experience etc!
Reply 1
Just adding I'm doing Access to HE in Biology,Chemistry,Psychology and Health + Social care. I was doing physics but I hated it and swapped.:rolleyes: +predicted distinctions in all
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
anyone:s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending