bipper
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi I'm very confused!
for one of my modules for my masters in Clinical Psychological Research I have to write a 5000 word essay on a topic in clinical psychology (mental health) but I have to think of my own question and I dont know how to write one that is broad enough for the word count but specific enough for an msc level essay
any ideas would be really helpful thank you!
Sinatrafan
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I guess the question is what interests you, is it?

- Mental health diagnosis and classification and how we define abnormality
- Mental health aetiology and pathophysiology
- Behaviour and cognitive therapies
- Medical therapeutics
- The impact of mental health on life quality, education achievement and its relationship to the criminal justice system

Perhaps if your narrow it down we can throw in a few ideas
Liv1204
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Thinking of essay questions is horrible!

An easy first start is anything evaluating the effectiveness of a certain type of intervention/treatment approach - e.g. evaluating the effectiveness of CBT as a treatment for depression. For my Exercise and Health module in my MSc, for example, I chose to write an essay on the use of exercise in the treatment of anorexia nervosa. That was fun to write, because it's such a recent and controversial issue and something I am genuinely interested in.

You could consider a question examining the outcomes of a certain mental health condition, or arguing for the role of a certain variable in contributing to a certain disorder. You could think about comparing gender effects in certain disorders, or on examining the issue of stigma and stereotyping in mental heath professionals.

What areas of clinical psychology are you most interested in?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (48)
14.37%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (46)
13.77%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (121)
36.23%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (33)
9.88%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (68)
20.36%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
5.39%

Watched Threads