Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Christians dating non-believers watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samara)
    Because all the other religons can be proved wrong e.g. can you find me 2 bible which are exactly the same?Can you find two korans which are the same? the answer is YES u can find that all korans whereEVER in the WORLD are all the same
    ISLAM MAKES SENSE
    That is because it is against the muslim law to translate it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarah101)
    My friend is a really strong Christian and although she's liked one of her best friends for ages and he likes her back, she says they can't go out because it says in the Bible that Christians aren't allowed to go out with non-believers. She says even if he converted it wouldn't be allowed because it's "missionary dating"! I'm not really religious but I know a bit about Christianity and I'd never heard of this rule before. I think she's being a bit unfair because you can't just cut yourself off from other people just because they don't believe the same things you do! What do other people think about this? Can any Christians shed some light on the situation? Would you do the same?
    Hi, i just wanted to offer a little bit of insight on this cos I'm a Christian and know exactly what you're talking bout! I think maybe you're seeing it the wrong way about it all being rules and regulations and everything, the Bible is the truth and what God's got to say to us, and what he's saying is that he loves us and wants the best for us u know? So you're friend's probably in the situation where bein with this guy wouldn't necessarily be a good thing for her - an example is my friend (christian girly) who was seein someone who just didn't believe the same stuff as her and it just gets complicated, not just arguments, but also like differences on stuff like sex, spending time at church, just living a bit differently i guess.

It's probably hard as well when you've got people taking things the wrong way & if you really like someone but you know it's not what God wants then you have to trust that there's gonna be somethin a whole lot better! Oh and i love it that people stereotype us christians aswell! Sandals an socks man, i think not.

Oh and whoever said that Christians are better than non-christians is just wrong! No offence but we've all sinned and the whole point of Jesus living on this earth was to die for everyone. Even once you're a christian you are not perfect, trust me!

Hope that has helped, or not helped i dunno, i just couldn't resist replying cos yeah i'd definitely do the same as her...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jazzzzzz)
    Oh and whoever said that Christians are better than non-christians is just wrong! No offence but we've all sinned and the whole point of Jesus living on this earth was to die for everyone. Even once you're a christian you are not perfect, trust me!
    Look at the verse I quoted when saying that. Maybe I should clarify. I don't mean better in a stuck up kind of way. Yes, that is correct we have all sinned and come short of the glory of God.

ReputationRep:
    The last post reminded me about something I read a while ago about the catholic church. Does anyone know if it is true that until 25 year ago they were telling people that if you didn't have your baby christend that if it died it would go into limbo? In christianity generally is it believed that a new born child can be a sinner and if it isn't why would the child not go to heaven if it died why would it go to limbo?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randdom)
    The last post reminded me about something I read a while ago about the catholic church. Does anyone know if it is true that until 25 year ago they were telling people that if you didn't have your baby christend that if it died it would go into limbo? In christianity generally is it believed that a new born child can be a sinner and if it isn't why would the child not go to heaven if it died why would it go to limbo?
    I don't know who made it up, but there is no limbo. There is heaven and there is hell. (Technically there are two of each) I don't know about the catholic thing, but it makes sense from their view. Even babies sin but they will not be condemned for them until they are accountable for their actions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moncal)
    I don't know who made it up, but there is no limbo. There is heaven and there is hell. (Technically there are two of each) I don't know about the catholic thing, but it makes sense from their view. Even babies sin but they will not be condemned for them until they are accountable for their actions.
    How do babies sin?

ReputationRep:
    How do babies sin?
    Surely it is a sin to wake everybody up for a year or two. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Surely it is a sin to wake everybody up for a year or two. :rolleyes:
    You see this really is what I don't get about christianity the whole concept that everyone is a sinner. If god like christianity believes loves all his children ect why would he make something as simple as a baby crying at night a sin?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, that is correct we have all sinned and come short of the glory of God.
    Your refusal to take responsibility for your own actions, and your irrational belief, are your only sins.

ReputationRep:
    You see this really is what I don't get about christianity the whole concept that everyone is a sinner. If god like christianity believes loves all his children ect why would he make something as simple as a baby crying at night a sin?
    The reason it does not make sense, is that religion is made up of the accumulated superstition and prejudice of generations of men. Those who subject themselves to the rule of priests, do it so that they won't have to face up to the reality of their existence. The god of the Christians define certain actions as sin, and then makes people commit these acts. He then very decently forgives us, and therefore we should be eternally grateful...

You delude yourselves

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if crying all night would be a sin or not. It was just something that babies do that annoy people.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if crying all night would be a sin or not. It was just something that babies do that annoy people.
    But these people are there parents and they did kinda choose to have the baby in the first place so they must have known what they were getting themselves into.

ReputationRep:
    1)why are there never 2 Bibels which are the same?

If you are refering to the differernt translations, since the bible was written in several languages there are many ways to translate it into common speeech. If you are talking about a bible that has more books, like the catholic bible that is because they believe those extra books to be devinely inspired. I don't.

2)What is the difference between the old and new testiment and why is the Bibel updated every year?

The old testament is pre Jesus. It is meant to point to the coming of the Messiah (Jesus). The new testament is Jesus's new covenant with his children.

3)If the old testiment is the jewish torah why are you not jewish?

I believe the Torah is the first 5 books of the Old Testament. I am not Jewish because that is all jews believe. They completely reject the new testament.

4)And the bit about the Christians being better then non christians because you choose to follow god there are 2 other religons who worship the one god too.(yes the same god as you worship

God blesses his children. Please don't say Allah is the God I worship.

5)And one more thing if you belive in the oneness of GOD why do you then pray to Jesus and his mother Mary? and what is trinity?GOD is one not three and you are not allowed to assosiate GOD with partners
    pray to GOD not jesus,as jesus was a human being just like you because he ate food just like you do.

I have not and will not ever pray to Mary(catholic practice :confused: ). Mary was a very good woman who was chosen to bear Jesus, nothing more. The trinity is God: the father, the son, and the holy ghost. They are all one and the same. God is omnipresent and omnipotent. Jesus was fully man and fully God.

6)If jesus was put on the cross surposedly why do you wear and carry a cross? isn't that disrespectful?

I have never worn one, but it would be a symbol of his sacrifice. The one that gets me is crucifixes (cross with jesus on it). Jesus isn't on the cross! That happened 2000 years ago!
    Why do you think ALLAH means something else? Let me clear this up 4 u ALLAH means GOD in arabic as the koran was reveled in Arabic this is just like saying a french or african person saying GOD in their language.and yes u do pray to ALLAH/GOD
    Why is the new testiment updated each year? Is last years bible out of date?
    Mary was a very good woman who was chosen to bear Jesus, nothing more. The trinity is God: the father, the son, and the holy ghost. They are all one and the same. God is omnipresent and omnipotent. Jesus was fully man and fully God. [/COLOR]
    This i know as it is in the koran that mary was a rightous women chosen to bear a child(jesus) and Jesus is not the son of God but a prophet of God

I have never worn one, but it would be a symbol of his sacrifice. The one that gets me is crucifixes (cross with jesus on it). Jesus isn't on the cross! That happened 2000 years ago![/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Jesus was NEVER EVER put on the cross but a likeness of Jesus was put on the cross while this was happening Jesus was risen to Heaven where he is now and will be comming back closer to the day of judgement(do you really think God would let that happen to his prophet? this is a good point right?)and if you dont wear a cross why not?
    2)What is the difference between the old and new testiment and why is the Bibel updated every year?

The old testament is pre Jesus. It is meant to point to the coming of the Messiah (Jesus). The new testament is Jesus's new covenant with his children.
    Yes I know that Messiah is Jesus as it says in the koran but you still haven't explained to me WHY there is a new testiment every year is this years one out of date and why isn't it one book pre and after Jesus? Why arent you just jewish?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oldthrashbarg)
    Your refusal to take responsibility for your own actions, and your irrational belief, are your only sins.
    A foolish person once said, "I guess we'll all know in the end."

ReputationRep:
    why is that foolish?

ReputationRep:
    Why do you think ALLAH means something else? Let me clear this up 4 u ALLAH means GOD in arabic as the koran was reveled in Arabic this is just like saying a french or african person saying GOD in their language.and yes u do pray to ALLAH/GOD

Why is the new testiment updated each year? Is last years bible out of date?

Mary was a very good woman who was chosen to bear Jesus, nothing more. The trinity is God: the father, the son, and the holy ghost. They are all one and the same. God is omnipresent and omnipotent. Jesus was fully man and fully God. [/COLOR]
    This i know as it is in the koran that mary was a rightous women chosen to bear a child(jesus) and Jesus is not the son of God but a prophet of God

I have never worn one, but it would be a symbol of his sacrifice. The one that gets me is crucifixes (cross with jesus on it). Jesus isn't on the cross! That happened 2000 years ago![/COLOR]

Jesus was NEVER EVER put on the cross but a likeness of Jesus was put on the cross while this was happening Jesus was risen to Heaven where he is now and will be comming back closer to the day of judgement(do you really think God would let that happen to his prophet? this is a good point right?)and if you dont wear a cross why not?

Yes I know that Messiah is Jesus as it says in the koran but you still haven't explained to me WHY there is a new testiment every year is this years one out of date and why isn't it one book pre and after Jesus? Why arent you just jewish?

I know what "Allah" means in Arabic. "Allah" is not my god. My God is Yahwey the God of Abraham,Moses, Israel, and David. I have not answered your question about a new New Testament every year because I have no idea what you are talking about. A new version of the New Testament is not printed every year, and if it is it is not divinely inspired.

ReputationRep:
    Whats the matter? You can't answer the questions i asked you? This ladies and gentleman is how the bible can be proved wrong.
    But not all of the bible is false as some of the bible is GODS WORD but the bible has sadly been altered

ReputationRep:
    Whats the matter? You can't answer the questions i asked you? This ladies and gentleman is how the bible can be proved wrong.
    But not all of the bible is false as some of the bible is GODS WORD but the bible has sadly been altered
    I don't think you have prooved that the bible is any less valid that the Qu'ran.

ReputationRep:
    I have never seen any book that claims to be the bible but is altered. Where did you get this story?

ReputationRep:
    I have never seen any book that claims to be the bible but is altered. Where did you get this story?
    I think that she/he is refering to the fact that in catholisism books and ideas have been altered. I am aware that you have addressed this issue previously.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.