Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samara)
    thats what i'm talking about

ALLAH MEANS GOD SO WHY DO U NOT EXECPT THIS? ITS JUST A TRANSLATION

JESUS NEVER EVER CLAIMED TO BE GOD AND YES WE BELIEVE IN THE SECOND COMMING OF JESUS. BUT JESUS WAS NEVER PUT ON THE CROSS
    A LIKENESS OF HIM WAS PUT ON THE CROSS. JESUS IS A PROPHET OF GOD WHY WOULD GOD DO THIS TO HIM IT DOES NOT MAKE SENSE
    AND JESUS IS NOOT GOD HE IS THE MESSIAH A PROPHET OF GOD THERE IS A MISINTERPRETATION BY CHRISTIANS BECAUSE HE WAS GIVEN SPEACIL POWERS TO RASIES THE DEAD AND CURE THE ILL AND GIVE A BLIND PERSON SIGHT(AS SAID IN TH QUR'AN AND THE GOSPEL)
    JUST AS JEWS DISBELIEVED CHRISTAINS DISBELIEVED AND YES THERE IS A SECOND COMMING OF JESUS I BELEVE THAT

I THINK YOU SOULD READ THE BIBLE CLOSELY AS MANY CHRISTAINS DO NOT FOLLOW THEIR OWN RELIGON AS YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO EAT PORK BUT YOU STILL DO WHY???
    AND THE THING I WAS SAYING ABOUT THE TWO DIFFERENT BIBLES I DONT MEAN IN DIFFERENT LANGUAGES I MEAN NO TWO BIBLES WRITTEN IN ENGLIH ARE THE SAME.

AND IF YOU CAN FIND THE ORIGINAL BIBLE IT SAYS THAT THERE WILL BE A PROPHET COMMING AFTER JESUS CALLED AHMED THE REASON BEHIND THE NAME I DON'T KNOW WHY(ABOUT THE NAME)

JESUS IS NOT GOD AND ALLAH MEANS GOD

PLEASE ANSWER MY QUESTIONS CORRECTLY

AND ANOTHER THING PLEASE RAED THE BIBLE I MEAN EVERY BIBLE YOU CAN GET YOUR HANDS ON AND YOU WILL FIND THAT THEY ARE NOT THE SAME AND ONE TELLS A DIFFERENT STORY TO ANOTHER

THE QUR'AN TALKS ABOUT THE BIBLE AND THE TORAH AND HOW THEY WERE CHANGED BUT STILL CONTAIN THE WORD OF ALLAH/GOD
    THE BIBLE IS SO MUCH LIKE THE KORAN AS WE BELIEVE IN THE SAME PROPHETS LIKE NOAH,LOT,JESUS,ABRAHAM,MOSES,ADA M (MAY PEACE BE UPON THEM ALL) E.T.C
    Firstly, why are you writing in capitals? It's really rude.

Secondly, just because something is not worded in the same way does not mean that the meaning behind those words changes. Languages change and develop over time, and many people would barely be able to understand any book from 1000 years ago simply because the English language has changed so much. This doesn't mean that a translation of the book into modern english is any less valid.

Thirdly, while I understand that you believe what you believe and nothing will change that, your arguments seem rather shallow. It's perfectly alright to believe what you want but just to make a statement, then repeat it and write in capitals will not convince anyone and seems rather pointless.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samdavyson)
    I thought that Jesus was the son of God, not God himself.
    John 5:18- Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.
    Phillipians 2:5-11- Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. Wherefore God also hath highly ealted him, and given him a name which is above every nam: That at the name of Jesus every knee shoulc bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarah101)
    Firstly, why are you writing in capitals? It's really rude.

Secondly, just because something is not worded in the same way does not mean that the meaning behind those words changes. Languages change and develop over time, and many people would barely be able to understand any book from 1000 years ago simply because the English language has changed so much. This doesn't mean that a translation of the book into modern english is any less valid.

Thirdly, while I understand that you believe what you believe and nothing will change that, your arguments seem rather shallow. It's perfectly alright to believe what you want but just to make a statement, then repeat it and write in capitals will not convince anyone and seems rather pointless.

Why are u not answering my question?
    I asked why are two bibles not the same. They are written in the language but some have extra stories in them i'm not talking abiut translation at all here.
    Read things properly before you answer and in future answer my questions please

You keep your religon and i'll keep mine i'm not asking u to convert but i' pointing out faults in the bible question your religon? why does sum 1 from the west indies believe in exactly the same thing as you???

AND I CAN WRITE IN CAPITALS IF I WANT

you can't even decide on who jesus is lol Jesus is a prophet of god nothing more nothing less

ReputationRep:
    I asked why are two bibles not the same. They are written in the language but some have extra stories in them i'm not talking abiut translation at all here.

You keep your religon and i'll keep mine i'm not asking u to convert but i' pointing out faults in the bible question your religon? why does sum 1 from the west indies believe in exactly the same thing as you???

Why would she be able to answer your questions? The only bible I can think of that has extra "stories" is the catholic bible. The catholic bible contains the Apocrypha, whic is a set of books that were left out of the christian bible because they were not divinely inspired. I don't know where the Apocrypha is added. It might be in the new testament or old, I just don't know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moncal)
    Why would she be able to answer your questions? The only bible I can think of that has extra "stories" is the catholic bible. The catholic bible contains the Apocrypha, whic is a set of books that were left out of the christian bible because they were not divinely inspired. I don't know where the Apocrypha is added. It might be in the new testament or old, I just don't know.
    You still can't answer my question can u? lol
    I mean even two protestant bibles they are not the same
    Still can't answer my question?????

ReputationRep:

Umm she isn't a christian at least I think that is what she said before. The main church that changes things is the catholic church from my understanding they do cut and change their bible a bit. But denominations like the baptist chuch the C of E and many others don't change their bible. The only reason there are new bibles in print each year is because there are so many publishers who release it with a different cover but no change to the text. It is the same with the Quran there are many different publications which say exatly the same inside.

The only reason she asked you to stop writing in capitals is because it does give the impression of you shouting which seems a bit agressive. Of course you can write in capitals if you want to it is just a bit easier on the eye if you don't.

ReputationRep:
    You still can't answer my question can u? lol
    I mean even two protestant bibles they are not the same
    Still can't answer my question?????
    I cant' answer your question, because I don't know what you are talking about. I have 4 bibles and except for slight variances in tranlsations (you know thee's and thou's) they are EXATLY THE SAME. Plus I know about 500 people with a bible that reads the same as mine, then all of them people know at least another 100, and those 100 know another 100 with the same bible and so on and so forth. The bible does not change.

ReputationRep:

you can't even decide on who jesus is lol Jesus is a prophet of god nothing more nothing less

Excuse me, but what is "my" religion? I don't think if I have stated at any point in this thread that I have one. Mybe you should take note of which user you're talking to before you post a reply. And "I" can't even decide on who Jesus is? How do you know that? For all you know I could be of exactly the same opinion as you, that he is a prophet of God.

Yes, you can write in capitals if you want. I never said you couldn't. It's just rude, and if you do, I think you run the risk of being taken less seriously.

Which two Bibles are not the same? Yes you are probably right, there are some that cut out certain events or stories. But I doubt that this drastically changes the meaning of the religion.

Also some of your statements don't seem to make any sense whatsoever.

"i'm not asking u to convert but i' pointing out faults in the bible question your religon? why does sum 1 from the west indies believe in exactly the same thing as you???"

I have no idea why or why not someone from the West Indies should believe in the same thing as me. I apologise if I ever implied I did!

ReputationRep:
    I went out with a chrisitan once, only some of her friends didn't like be purly for the fact im not religious.

Some chrisitans can be so damn narrowminded.

if it helps i beleive in god, but not religion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randdom)
    Umm she isn't a christian at least I think that is what she said before. The main church that changes things is the catholic church from my understanding they do cut and change their bible a bit. But denominations like the baptist chuch the C of E and many others don't change their bible. The only reason there are new bibles in print each year is because there are so many publishers who release it with a different cover but no change to the text. It is the same with the Quran there are many different publications which say exatly the same inside.

The only reason she asked you to stop writing in capitals is because it does give the impression of you shouting which seems a bit agressive. Of course you can write in capitals if you want to it is just a bit easier on the eye if you don't.
    Sorry about the capitals ok?

I have seen with my own eyes two different bibles and i dont mean the wording i just would like to know why? I have looked at my friends bibles and they look very different
    The main church that changes things is the catholic church from my understanding they do cut and change their bible a bit.

Why???
    I know abut the different publications but with even the same publication a bible from 5 years ago is not the same as the one published this year why???

ReputationRep:
    Sorry about the capitals ok?

I have seen with my own eyes two different bibles and i dont mean the wording i just would like to know why? I have looked at my friends bibles and they look very different
    The main church that changes things is the catholic church from my understanding they do cut and change their bible a bit.

Why???
    I know abut the different publications but with even the same publication a bible from 5 years ago is not the same as the one published this year why???
    Not being the christian the only thing I can think of is that you are looking at the versions of the bibles used by different denominations of the chirstian church. These will be different because of the difference in denomination. I personally have read the bible (just as I have read the english translation of the Quran) and I have never found that there are different stories in different bibles if looking at the bible from the same denomination of Christianity.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.