Is DSA transferrable

Watch this thread
bajanangie
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I have been awarded DSA and had an assessment and recommendations were made including transport costs to and from Uni. However I may have to leave my course as I have been turned down for tuition. I am thinking to complete my OU courses instead as I would receive funding for this. I am aware that I would be entitled to DSA but would like to know if it is transferrable or would I need to re-apply and undergo another assessment.

Does anyone know??
Magdatrix >_<
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
Anecdotal example: I had my DSA assessment at my old uni at the beginning of my final year. When I started postrgad at a different uni, I had to complete new DSA forms and meet with an adviser at the uni, but didn't have to go to another needs assessment because my last one was only a year ago.
bajanangie
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Thanks very much for that. My DSA assessment was only completed last month and I will more than likely change to do the OU course next month.
Tiger Rag
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
You'd have to fill in new forms. Some peoples DSA includes non medical help and they (DSA) would have to know who to pay, etc. You'd only have to undergo a new assessment if your needs have changed a lot / you have a new condition or you change to a completely different course.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (56)
16.72%
The paper was reasonable (165)
49.25%
Not feeling great about that exam... (81)
24.18%
It was TERRIBLE (33)
9.85%

Watched Threads