The Student Room Group

Do i have a chance!?!?!?!?!?

Ive only just started my A-levels im doing chem,bio and psychology.
Gcse 3 A's (science tripple) 3b' english lang/lit and history rest are 3 c's including maths however resitting to acheive an A grade can i still purse dentistry?
It depends what you achieve in your AS therefore what your predicted would be. Research which Universities don't give too much attention to GCSE as well as english language requirements sometimes need to be an A. It's still possible just work really hard this year and if unsure about GCSE phone the universities. I know Bristol put a lot of emphasis on GCSE , some require you to have at least 5/A/A*. Anyway good luck this year and research what your possibilities are :smile:
Original post by Tirmm361
Gcse 3 A's (science tripple) 3b' english lang/lit and history rest are 3 c's including maths however resitting to acheive an A grade can i still purse dentistry?
Assuming that you are able to achieve at least AAA at A-Level and get high enough AS grades/prediction then you definitely stand a chance. I would be very cautious to the dental schools you apply to (as it's vital you meet their GCSE entry requirements) and do research into which unis place little emphasis on GCSE grades to make sure you have as a great a chance as possible of getting in by applying to the right unis for you. Otherwise, you should be fine :smile:
Original post by Tirmm361

There are some unis that accept a B at English Lang but they also want to B in maths GCSE too, so I would definitely retake maths. From the top of my head I think Manchester, Plymouth, kings, QM and Newcastle accept a B in English Lang not sure about maths. I think you should look at all the entry requirements for each uni and see if you fit their criteria.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest