What's the difference between Postgraduate and Undergraduate?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
wats the difference between Postgraduate and Undergraduate?
Rich
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
wats the difference between Postgraduate and Undergraduate?
Postgraduate: The studies pursued after graduation, esp., after receiving the bachelor's degree at a university.

Undergraduate: A member (or the studies of a member) of a university who has not yet completed his/her first degree.

Regards,
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
thanx

im looking at course at unis, so does dat mean im looking at postgrauate course im all confused
Rich
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
thanx

im looking at course at unis, so does dat mean im looking at postgrauate course im all confused
If you've never been to university before or been but not completed a degree, then you're looking at undergraduate.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
i get it now thenx v much
Rich
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i get it now thenx v much
No problem.
Expression
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
If it's any consolation to the thread starter, when I looked at my first University prospectus back at the end of Year 10, I didn't have a clue what everything meant - all the abbreviations, this "UCAS process", "points score", what all the degree types were MA, MEng, MMath, BA, BSc, etc etc, and at some stage wasn't at all sure whether I was looking at PostGrad (P/G), or UnderGrad (U/G) courses !

I think it happens to us all at some stage or other, especially if there is no history of University education in your direct family (which applies to me).
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Lol, I had no idea either then I stumbled accross this forum. Thanks!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
LOL! I am now at the grand age of 23. However, I think it was when I was on the phone to Warwick admin. I asked for a Prospectus to be sent to me. The line wasn't particularly clear, all I remember was hearing the word 'post'. Naturally, assuming that this meant the darn thing would reach me through the post, I answered "yes please". LOL! Memories!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (209)
33.49%
No (415)
66.51%

Watched Threads