The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

How do you even?

How does people actually become good friends? Hoe does people actually be in relationship?

I know uni is all about pursuing your studies and finding what you want to do in the future. But really does making new friends, finding a boyfriend merely impossible in uni life?!

It gets lonely and really stressful with uni 😞
Hey, just stalking you and came across your thread here. :smile:

I can't comment on university. However I have became very good friends with someone on here. It took time for use to trust each other and understand each other properly. About 3-4 months before I realised how much I liked her and how special a person she is. So just because you can't find someone right away don't worry about it, these things take time. It takes time to get to know people and for them to get to know you. So long as you see something in each other and like each other as people. You will persist in trying to create a friendship with each other. :smile:
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Original post by qila
How does people actually become good friends? Hoe does people actually be in relationship?

I know uni is all about pursuing your studies and finding what you want to do in the future. But really does making new friends, finding a boyfriend merely impossible in uni life?!

It gets lonely and really stressful with uni 😞

What course are you on? I am a University of Leicester graduate and this is what I found.

I found that as freshers starts to end, people start to build little groups so can feel lonely but don't worry about that. What are your hobbies as the uni has a great variety of societies and met some great people from the various societies that I joined. That is what I feel is important and if you can't find a society you like, you can make one.

I know what you mean about relationships too as I lived in john foster hall and the majority of people were in relationship when university started. It can seem like groups of people pair up very quickly.

Are you living in oadby halls as I know how you feel when your coming back from uni on the bus and people in your flat have gone for dinner, especially if you have 6pm lectures.

If you have any questions or worries, you can PM me.
God knows.
Sigh. Idk OP. I just don't know.

Quick Reply