Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

A question about further maths watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I am currently doing p1,p2,p3,p4,p5,s1,s2,s3,m1,m2,m3 ,d1.
    Which 6 units will count as A level maths, and which will count as Further maths?

ReputationRep:
    It depends on your scores in each. The exam board get you the best grade possible in A level maths, by using the least amount of UMS. The rest go into FM. However, there are exceptions, eg. P2 must be in Maths, P4 FM, etc.

ReputationRep:
    ok, you're only allowed one of the following modules in f.maths: s1, m1 or d1

p5 and p6 can only go in further maths.

p1 p2 and p3 have to go in normal maths.

p4 m2 s2 m3 s3 m4 s4 d2 can go anywhere.

But the board will sort that out for you, making the best combination possible.

Check you boards website (this is for OCR) for the exact combinations allowed.

ReputationRep:
    Things dont look good for me then.....

Got high scores in p1 p2 p3 m1 s2 and d1, i meen like 95% plus

but in the others.... ive got realy bad marks..... and worse to come.

Deary deary me

ReputationRep:
    Also for your alevel, you cannot have M1, S1, D1 together since they are all 1's and deemed too easy, so u must have a '2' in e.g D1 s1 s2

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.