GDL in London - BPP & UoL timetables - how to fit in music practice Watch

Bugsy84
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi,

I have applied for a GDL both to BPP and UoL to start in Jan'16 in London.

Could anyone give a rough idea about their timetables, as well as advise on the following:

I practice guitar and plan to start lessons with private teacher in London to prepare for ABRSM guitar grade exams due in mid-2016. The lessons most probably will be twice a week, with approx. duration of 1.5-2 hrs. On top of that I would need at least 1-1.5 hrs of time for daily technique/repertoire practice at home.

How realistic does this sound ? Can I build it around GDL? And if so, any preference with regard to this at BPP or UoL. Which one do you think would be more flexble ?

Would appreciate your advice.
pp93
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Bugsy84)
Hi,

I have applied for a GDL both to BPP and UoL to start in Jan'16 in London.

Could anyone give a rough idea about their timetables, as well as advise on the following:

I practice guitar and plan to start lessons with private teacher in London to prepare for ABRSM guitar grade exams due in mid-2016. The lessons most probably will be twice a week, with approx. duration of 1.5-2 hrs. On top of that I would need at least 1-1.5 hrs of time for daily technique/repertoire practice at home.

How realistic does this sound ? Can I build it around GDL? And if so, any preference with regard to this at BPP or UoL. Which one do you think would be more flexble ?

Would appreciate your advice.
That's very realistic. I'm at BPP and doing the LPC and they offer you two day, three day and four day timetable options. I imagine it would be the same for the GDL.

Even with a full timetable, I'm sure you could fit in an hour a day for practice and lessons on weekends or something.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bugsy84
Rep:
?
Thanks

Meanwhile, got an offer from both - and trying to work out which one will allow for better study/life balance.

Two day option at BPP really got me inetersted as it seams to leave more time for other stuff - but at the same time it seems kinda dangerous, could really lull you into inactivity, what do you think ?
pp93
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Bugsy84)
Thanks

Meanwhile, got an offer from both - and trying to work out which one will allow for better study/life balance.

Two day option at BPP really got me inetersted as it seams to leave more time for other stuff - but at the same time it seems kinda dangerous, could really lull you into inactivity, what do you think ?
By the sounds of it you've got your seminar prep and guitar to keep you busy enough on the remaining five days of the week

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bugsy84
Rep:
?
Thanks

Btw could not get any info on weekly timetables at UoL - they say the schedule for January is not fixed yet.

Can anybody doing GDL there give me an idea on UoL's current timetable ? Are there 2,3, 4 day options like BPP ? Is it flexible at all ?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby