Really hate essay writing

Watch this thread
Buddychenchen
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I am not good at it... Always I spend lots of time but score very low marks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Klix88
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Buddychenchen)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does your feedback tell you what you're doing wrong? If not, you need to ask the marker/module leader for more info on how you can improve. If it does tell you what you're doing wrong, you need to address those points and do them better in the next bit of coursework. If you don't know how to go about this, again, ask to discuss it with the maker/module leader and get some help.
username2088165
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 6 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
Perhaps you can try asking your teachers the best way to structure them and how to word them?
candycaneland500
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
ask your friends who may be good at essay writing to help you. you can also ask teachers to help you by giving you a structure to show all the key points you need to include in your essay

Posted from TSR Mobile
SophieSmall
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
You can spend 20 hours on an essay and still get a poor mark if you;re approaching it wrong.
If you are consistently getting low marks in essays then you are consistently approaching them wrong. You need to look at the feedback you are being given and actually change your approach. And make sure you actually address the essay title and cover all points you should be covering. So many people fail to do this and then wonder why they get poor results. If you don't understand the feedback or you're not being given detailed enough feedback then ask the person who set the essays for help.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (18)
31.03%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (22)
37.93%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
3.45%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
5.17%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
6.9%
I’m starting to consider my university options (7)
12.07%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (1)
1.72%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.72%

Watched Threads