immy1140
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I am soon going to be choosing my 3 A-levels but I cannot decide. I want to go to a Russel Group University but I cant decide whether to take Art or Geography and if so which other A-level options would go best with each. Thank You.
username2088165
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by immy1140)
I am soon going to be choosing my 3 A-levels but I cannot decide. I want to go to a Russel Group University but I cant decide whether to take Art or Geography and if so which other A-level options would go best with each. Thank You.
What degree subject are you looking at, and what are your other A Level options?
Riverstar
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What uni course are you hoping to do?
Pick subjects which you enjoy and are good at- don't fret about university yet
immy1140
Rep:
?
(Original post by Leviathan1741)
What degree subject are you looking at, and what are your other A Level options?
geography at degree and alevel geography English lit and chemistry
username2088165
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
geography at degree and alevel geography English lit and chemistry
Geography, Chemistry and English Literature all look fine for a Geography degree, and they are all strong, facilitating subjects which universities like.

Do you have a preference for human or physical geography, or are you looking to apply for a mixed geography degree?
immy1140
Rep:
?
(Original post by Leviathan1741)
Geography, Chemistry and English Literature all look fine for a Geography degree, and they are all strong, facilitating subjects which universities like.

Do you have a preference for human or physical geography, or are you looking to apply for a mixed geography degree?
I am not sure yet I don't really know what jobs I can do with geography
Doones
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
This might help (even if you aren't considering Cambridge):

http://www.undergraduate.study.cam.a...ectmatters.pdf
username2088165
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I am not sure yet I don't really know what jobs I can do with geography
Okay that's fine, different A Level subjects can be helpful depending on which side of geography you prefer, e.g.:

Physical Geography: geology, environmental science, biology
Human Geography: economics, business studies, sociology

Just something to think about
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (525)
33.78%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (642)
41.31%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (315)
20.27%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (72)
4.63%

Watched Threads