URGENT HELP NEEDED!!!!: Writing the structures of two ketones and one triol Watch

Mohammad Shoumik
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Question 4 (a) (i) and (ii) in paper 23 of UCIE AS Level Chemistry (9701) May/June 2015 Exam (please see attachment below) asks for structures, but in the mark scheme for this paper (again, please see attachment below) mixtures of displayed and structural formulae are given as answers to these questions. So can anyone plz tell me what the structures of these compounds would actually be, assuming the word "structure" means "structural formulae" (my understanding of structural formulae is as given in the 1st edition of Cambridge International AS an A Level ChemistryCoursebook by Roger Norris, Lawrie Ryan and David Acaster: the representation of an organic compound as showing only double bonds and no single bonds, i.e. in the format CH3CH=CH2...)? Also, would I get full marks for writing these structural formulaeinstead of writing these "displayed-and-structural-formulae-mixtures" as given in the mark scheme?

PS: MY CHEMISTRY AS RETAKE EXAM'S DAY AFTER TOMORROW SO PLZ, PLZ, PLZ HELP ASAP!!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19
  • University of Portsmouth
    Postgraduate and Part-Time Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19
  • Middlesex University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (166)
18.55%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (91)
10.17%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (148)
16.54%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (131)
14.64%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (85)
9.5%
How can I be the best version of myself? (274)
30.61%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise