URGENT HELP NEEDED!!!!: Writing the structures of two ketones and one triol

Watch
Mohammad Shoumik
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Question 4 (a) (i) and (ii) in paper 23 of UCIE AS Level Chemistry (9701) May/June 2015 Exam (please see attachment below) asks for structures, but in the mark scheme for this paper (again, please see attachment below) mixtures of displayed and structural formulae are given as answers to these questions. So can anyone plz tell me what the structures of these compounds would actually be, assuming the word "structure" means "structural formulae" (my understanding of structural formulae is as given in the 1st edition of Cambridge International AS an A Level ChemistryCoursebook by Roger Norris, Lawrie Ryan and David Acaster: the representation of an organic compound as showing only double bonds and no single bonds, i.e. in the format CH3CH=CH2...)? Also, would I get full marks for writing these structural formulaeinstead of writing these "displayed-and-structural-formulae-mixtures" as given in the mark scheme?

PS: MY CHEMISTRY AS RETAKE EXAM'S DAY AFTER TOMORROW SO PLZ, PLZ, PLZ HELP ASAP!!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Had lockdown impacted your relationships?

Yes, my partner and I are struggling (40)
7.75%
Yes, my partner and I broke up (40)
7.75%
Yes, it's hard being around my family so much (124)
24.03%
Yes, I'm feeling lonely isolating alone (73)
14.15%
No, nothing has changed (158)
30.62%
No, it's helped improve my relationships (81)
15.7%

Watched Threads