The Student Room Group

In my experience, my friends who are girls always expect to keep in touch

Hey I'm a guy and In my experience, my friends who are girls always expect to keep in touch, whereas it doesn't really bother my guy mates and some of my girl mates (been friends with for years) whether I don't speak to them in ages - things just return back as if we'd been talking everyday.
Reply 1
didn't finish what i was suppose to say..but why are girls like this? and is this the case for some people? would be good to hear from male and female perspectives.
Original post by Anonymous
didn't finish what i was suppose to say..but why are girls like this? and is this the case for some people? would be good to hear from male and female perspectives.

Because girls are generally more talkative than girls, and everyone is different. Some people I know who I used to talk to everyday for hours I now only say hi to once a week or so and we are both fine with that, others I would hate to not talk to often. It all depends on the friendship doesn't it I guess?
Reply 3
Original post by Sparster
Because girls are generally more talkative than girls, and everyone is different. Some people I know who I used to talk to everyday for hours I now only say hi to once a week or so and we are both fine with that, others I would hate to not talk to often. It all depends on the friendship doesn't it I guess?

mmm i see. But my view is, whenever there is any "expectation" in a friendship, it's not really a friendship anymore if you get what I mean..
mmm i see. But my view is, whenever there is any "expectation" in a friendship, it's not really a friendship anymore if you get what I mean..

Um in a way I don't see what you mean but in a way I do. If I am in a relationship with someone I expect them to do certain things and is that unreasonable? I expect them to speak to me a bit and such xD. As for friendships, if I am a friend with someone I expect them to treat me with respect lol. So I kinda disagree but then again I agree that if you expect too much of someone then that can cause problems.
Reply 5
Original post by Sparster
Um in a way I don't see what you mean but in a way I do. If I am in a relationship with someone I expect them to do certain things and is that unreasonable? I expect them to speak to me a bit and such xD. As for friendships, if I am a friend with someone I expect them to treat me with respect lol. So I kinda disagree but then again I agree that if you expect too much of someone then that can cause problems.

"As for friendships, if I am a friend with someone I expect them to treat me with respect lol"

haha i see what you mean, but this isn't about treating someone with respect etc. I just think that if you're really good friends with someone it shouldn't matter how often you keep in touch with them - they should always know that you're always there for them as a friend.
"As for friendships, if I am a friend with someone I expect them to treat me with respect lol"

haha i see what you mean, but this isn't about treating someone with respect etc. I just think that if you're really good friends with someone it shouldn't matter how often you keep in touch with them - they should always know that you're always there for them as a friend.

Yep you have a good point but some people need more reassurance than others. One person will have no doubt that someone is there for them even if they don't speak for a month, another may need to chat to you everyday to feel secure, it is just how it is I am afraid :s-smilie: If they are giving you attention though I wouldn't complain xD unless ofc it gets over the top :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest