The Student Room Group

Please help me answer this question

Please can you help me answer this question I was set for my business studies homework.

Read Source 1 then answer the following questions.

Source1
Chris and James run a catering firm which supplies food for parties, wedding and other special occasions. They currently employ 4 full-time staff, but are going to ask some of these to consider other work patterns. Currently Chris and James are struggling to pay outstanding debts with some of their suppliers.

a) State two different work patterns other than full-time (2 marks)

b) Chris and James need to improve the business's cash flow. Explain how introducing different work patterns might help them achieve this (4 marks)

c) Chris and James want to make sure their staff are as well motivated as possible. Discuss ways in which Chris and James could motivate their staff. (6 marks)

Thank you!:smile:
I last did business about 2 years ago, so don't rely entirely on my answers. These are mainly guesses, tbh

a) Part-time and seasonal
b) Paying part-time/seasonal means that cash outflows are lower, due to reduced labour costs. Cash outflows reduce, therefore net cash flow is more positive. Also, paying part-time/seasonal means that staff are only paid for work during high levels of business for the company, increasing cash inflows. This also makes net cash flow more positive.
c) Monetary - increase wage, increase available hours of work, overtime, performance-related pay, etc
Non-monetary - Job rotation, job enlargement, job enrichment, opportunities for promotion, etc. (talk around these points and apply them specifically to the company).

Hope I helped, with my outdated business knowledge xD
Reply 2
You're welcome c:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending