The Student Room Group

Feeling really annoyed about Tax

Basically, I'm shocked at how much tax I am paying.

Income Tax - like £1500 a month

Value Added Tax - like £500 a month

Capital Gains Tax - on my high risk mutual fund investments in the East - like £100 a month

Road Tax - £200 a year

I'm sure there are others.

My point is why should I be paying so much money to other people for absolutely no reason at all.

I know this guy that decided he didn't want to work so he started claiming all kinds of crazy benefits, abusing the system, and all he does is sit at home and drink beer. FROM MY MONEY.

Insane.

Scroll to see replies

My first pay check, I wondered who this ******** called PAYE was. Still don't really understand him.
If you pay that much tax, you're obviously wealthy. Barely any of your money goes on benefits btw, it's to fund things like the NHS, schools, etc, etc, things that you probably have used and will make future use of.
Original post by Awesome Genius
Basically, I'm shocked at how much tax I am paying.

Value Added Tax - like £500 a month

Capital Gains Tax - on my high risk mutual fund investments in the East - like £100 a month

Road Tax - £200 a year

I'm sure there are others.

My point is why should I be paying so much money to other people for absolutely no reason at all.

I know this guy that decided he didn't want to work so he started claiming all kinds of crazy benefits, abusing the system, and all he does is sit at home and drink beer. FROM MY MONEY.

Insane.

If you don't want to pay tax, you shouldn't use the NHS, state education system or any other public service. :tongue:
do you really need to make a thread everyday about how rich you are? you are either lying or bragging, neither of which is gonna get you sympathy so shut up and find something else to troll about
I have private health insurance through my parents and I went to private school. Hmm. The more I think about it, the worse this deal is for me.

Is there a way to opt out of paying income tax?
Original post by driftawaay
do you really need to make a thread everyday about how rich you are? you are either lying or bragging, neither of which is gonna get you sympathy so shut up and find something else to troll about

Just assume I'm lying. It will rmake you feel better.
I have private health insurance through my parents and I went to private school. Hmm. The more I think about it, the worse this deal is for me.

Is there a way to opt out of paying income tax?

U do know that stupid questions like that expose the fact that you are not a doctor or rich, right?
U do know that stupid questions like that expose the fact that you are not a doctor or rich, right?

So true :lol:

How **** must his life be to need to make threads like this on an almost daily basis... I almost pity the poor freak.
There are so many bad people that abuse the system - claim all kinds of fancy benefits. If we removed the safety net, people would work harder.
Reply 10

You make over 70k?

Why do you pay CGT monthly? It's an annual allowance.

Road Tax - £200 a year

What gas guzzler do you drive?
(edited 8 years ago)

Original post by Illiberal Liberal
So true :lol:

How **** must his life be to need to make threads like this on an almost daily basis... I almost pity the poor freak.

Lol, imagine for a second, you were wrong - that you'd used your self-perceived intellect and come to completely the wrong conclusion, it would be pretty satisfying for me.
Lol, imagine for a second, you were wrong - that you'd used your self-perceived intellect and come to completely the wrong conclusion, it would be pretty satisfying for me.

Shame that's not the case then, isn't it? :rolleyes:
Reply 13

There are legal methods of greatly reducing income tax btw

Lol no.:h: we all know you are 16 with bad GCSEs.
It's not called road tax btw. But yes. Bit rubbish when you reach the point where you keep less than half of any extra money you earn.
Original post by Reue
You make over 70k?

Why do you pay CGT monthly? It's an annual allowance.

What gas guzzler do you drive?

Actually I think it's more like £1350. Either way I make over 60k annually pro rata at the moment.

I don't pay CGT monthly , I calculated it to a monthly sum. Last month they introduced a law that means that overseas citizens of India now have to pay CGT - before that, we paid nothing!
Original post by Illiberal Liberal
Shame that's not the case then, isn't it? :rolleyes:

Lol no.:h: we all know you are 16 with bad GCSEs.

Lol I've already posted a video of my medical degree. Ask @Xotol - he knows I'm a doctor.
Reply 18
Actually I think it's more like £1350. Either way I make over 60k annually pro rata at the moment.

If it's pro-rata then your actual annual income tax liability is going to be less.

I don't pay CGT monthly , I calculated it to a monthly sum. Last month they introduced a law that means that overseas citizens of India now have to pay CGT - before that, we paid nothing!

Pay CGT to who? How can you possibly have a set amount of CGT? It's entirely dependant on the values and amounts you're selling in the year.
Lol I've already posted a video of my medical degree. Ask @Xotol - he knows I'm a doctor.

'posted a video of my medical degree' LMAOOOOO crying

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending