flowers_xx
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Assess the view that religion functions for the benefit of individuals and society
(33 mark)

i need help on the question on what to include
thankssss
emiloujess
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by flowers_xx)
Assess the view that religion functions for the benefit of individuals and society
(33 mark)

i need help on the question on what to include
thankssss
Introduction

Paragraph 1: Functionalism (religion has several functions that benefit society and individuals. Parsons, Durkheim, Malinowski, Bellah) Evaluate: can cause conflict, patriarchal.

Paragraph 2: Marxism (benefits bourgeoisie, set up and maintained by ruling class) Evaluate: Can be beneficial, no longer only 2 classes, ignores patriarchy

Paragraph 3: Feminism (religion only benefits men, used by men to opress women, etc) Evaluate.

Conclusion.

Use examples etc, religious texts, rituals. Link each paragraph back to question.

Hope this helps
flowers_xx
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by emiloujess)
Introduction

Paragraph 1: Functionalism (religion has several functions that benefit society and individuals. Parsons, Durkheim, Malinowski, Bellah) Evaluate: can cause conflict, patriarchal.

Paragraph 2: Marxism (benefits bourgeoisie, set up and maintained by ruling class) Evaluate: Can be beneficial, no longer only 2 classes, ignores patriarchy

Paragraph 3: Feminism (religion only benefits men, used by men to opress women, etc) Evaluate.

Conclusion.

Use examples etc, religious texts, rituals. Link each paragraph back to question.

Hope this helps
Thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (17)
13.08%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (31)
23.85%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (58)
44.62%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (20)
15.38%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (4)
3.08%

Watched Threads