Help essay sociology a2 confused

Watch this thread
flowers_xx
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Assess the view that religion functions for the benefit of individuals and society
(33 mark)

i need help on the question on what to include
thankssss
emiloujess
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by flowers_xx)
Assess the view that religion functions for the benefit of individuals and society
(33 mark)

i need help on the question on what to include
thankssss
Introduction

Paragraph 1: Functionalism (religion has several functions that benefit society and individuals. Parsons, Durkheim, Malinowski, Bellah) Evaluate: can cause conflict, patriarchal.

Paragraph 2: Marxism (benefits bourgeoisie, set up and maintained by ruling class) Evaluate: Can be beneficial, no longer only 2 classes, ignores patriarchy

Paragraph 3: Feminism (religion only benefits men, used by men to opress women, etc) Evaluate.

Conclusion.

Use examples etc, religious texts, rituals. Link each paragraph back to question.

Hope this helps
flowers_xx
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by emiloujess)
Introduction

Paragraph 1: Functionalism (religion has several functions that benefit society and individuals. Parsons, Durkheim, Malinowski, Bellah) Evaluate: can cause conflict, patriarchal.

Paragraph 2: Marxism (benefits bourgeoisie, set up and maintained by ruling class) Evaluate: Can be beneficial, no longer only 2 classes, ignores patriarchy

Paragraph 3: Feminism (religion only benefits men, used by men to opress women, etc) Evaluate.

Conclusion.

Use examples etc, religious texts, rituals. Link each paragraph back to question.

Hope this helps
Thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (51)
26.15%
As I expected (64)
32.82%
Harder (72)
36.92%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
4.1%

Watched Threads