What does it take getting into Oxford?

Watch this thread
Tamss
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
So i study level3 Art and Design BTEC National diploma.. do i have a chance getting into oxford and what does it take?
yt7777
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
Yes, they require triple Distinction (DDD) in a BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Art and Design for their BA Fine Art degree, you will need to also submit your portfolio

They say this:

"Applicants interested in applying for Fine Art who are studying for a BTEC National Extended Diploma (BTEC) will have to submit a portfolio of work, and an offer will require candidates to achieve DDD grades. Tutors welcome applications from those who are engaged on a BTEC National Extended Diploma Art and Design course where there is a substantial element of both Fine Art and Art History. Please note that because of the practical nature of the Fine Art degree, which also includes a substantial theoretical component, a candidate who has successfully completed the BTEC may be well suited to the content and structure of the degree course at Oxford."

So yes, you would have every chance.

Read here:

http://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/under...sting/fine-art
http://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/under...qualifications

Hope this helps
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (8)
22.86%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (3)
8.57%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
11.43%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (3)
8.57%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (8)
22.86%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (9)
25.71%

Watched Threads