Tamss
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
So i study level3 Art and Design BTEC National diploma.. do i have a chance getting into oxford and what does it take?
yt7777
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yes, they require triple Distinction (DDD) in a BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Art and Design for their BA Fine Art degree, you will need to also submit your portfolio

They say this:

"Applicants interested in applying for Fine Art who are studying for a BTEC National Extended Diploma (BTEC) will have to submit a portfolio of work, and an offer will require candidates to achieve DDD grades. Tutors welcome applications from those who are engaged on a BTEC National Extended Diploma Art and Design course where there is a substantial element of both Fine Art and Art History. Please note that because of the practical nature of the Fine Art degree, which also includes a substantial theoretical component, a candidate who has successfully completed the BTEC may be well suited to the content and structure of the degree course at Oxford."

So yes, you would have every chance.

Read here:

http://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/under...sting/fine-art
http://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/under...qualifications

Hope this helps
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    The Bar Series: Applications and Interviews - London Bloomsbury campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 17 Oct '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (142)
17.95%
It's just nice to be back! (213)
26.93%
Not great so far... (283)
35.78%
I want to drop out! (153)
19.34%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed