?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Anyone at all?
daydream28
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'd say just look at the reasons why.. why don't you want him to meet your family? Do you think they won't like him? And what are you unsure about? Whether you want to settle down with him? I'd say to give it a little more time.. think about what it is you really want.. and maybe talk to him about how you feel. If you're still having doubts in a month or so.. maybe you need to follow your instinct. Good luck
georgiaswift
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If you're still unsure after six months, it's not fair to carry it on. After that length of time people generally know if they want to be with the person. If you don't know, he's probably not the one for you
TheGreatImposter
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Write a list of pros and cons and think about what it is that's holding you back from a relationship. Is it because of the commitment? Or because you're not ready? Or he doesn't seem like the right guy for you?

Weigh up your options and see whether or not you're ready to give it a go. I always think communication is needed in a relationship so tell him how you feel and you never know he might feel the same way such as if you're feeling like things are moving too fast etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ryanx623
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
From a guys point of view, no, it's not fair on him or yourself in all honesty.
BruceJender
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by DanielleT192)
As the title says, should I stay in a relationship if I'm unsure being in one?

The guy I've being going out with for about 6 months I do really like, however I am still unsure of being in it. We talk a lot and I get on well with him and his family, however I'm still keeping everything at arms length, like introducing him to my friends and family (only met a handful).

Has anyone else been the same and is it fair to comtinue?
It usually takes 3-5 months for someone to fall in love, under normal circumstances.

So you're pretty much leading him on now.
deathbeforeimmortality
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I think six months is too early to know his family etc. I don't blame you for not introducing him to more of the people on your side.

My BF is aware of who my friends are etc and family but there's not been a formal introduction or conversation between them and it'll stay like that. You never know how a relationship will end up like.

If you're feeling unsure you have to figure out why. It's not a good feeling to have plus it's not fair on your boyfriend either.
Genteel
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

The guy I've being going out with for about 6 months I do really like, however I am still unsure of being in it. We talk a lot and I get on well with him and his family, however I'm still keeping everything at arms length, like introducing him to my friends and family (only met a handful).

It seems that you may only have been concerned about appearances, are you embarrassed about him?
DanielleT192
Rep:
?
I'm not embarrassed, no, but I feel like it's constantly recurring with every guy I am trying to commit.

There's three main problems.
1) I find it hard to commit (not sure why) but it seems the deeper relationships get, the more scared I get
2) My first proper boyfriend I split up with was bad (I split up with him though) and I was very unhappy and friendships had broken up. I also hang around with my ex's brother's girlfriend and find it's going to be difficult introducing him to any of their part as his brother dislikes me
3) I feel he's a lot more intelligent and nice than me, in comparison.

Now it might seem I am leading him on, however I do like him. Although I am still unsure for those reasons.
DanielleT192
Rep:
?
(Original post by georgiaswift)
If you're still unsure after six months, it's not fair to carry it on. After that length of time people generally know if they want to be with the person. If you don't know, he's probably not the one for you
(Original post by Ryanx623)
From a guys point of view, no, it's not fair on him or yourself in all honesty.
(Original post by BruceJender)
It usually takes 3-5 months for someone to fall in love, under normal circumstances.

So you're pretty much leading him on now.
Just responded to the comments in one. Is this still leading him on?
Ryanx623
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yes at the core of it... After 6 months if you're still unsure it's a clear cut sign to get out of it...
DanielleT192
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ryanx623)
Yes at the core of it... After 6 months if you're still unsure it's a clear cut sign to get out of it...
So it's a clear cut for every guy I try to be with? Because it's the same pattern so I don't think it's just a matter of leading him on. I do like him but still unsure for those reasons.
ChickenMadness
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
So it's a clear cut for every guy I try to be with? Because it's the same pattern so I don't think it's just a matter of leading him on. I do like him but still unsure for those reasons.
You're just not that into them.
georgiaswift
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yes I personally think so. By six months you know them quite well, and if you're still unsure about whether or not you like them you clearly don't like them that much, and thus you need to let him find someone who won't be unsure about whether they want to be together.
Emily.97
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

What is it that you're unsure about? Him? Being in a relationship full stop?

It's important to be honest with your partner. If you're unsure of what you want then make sure he is aware of this and doesn't get his hopes built up.
Try and be as proactive as you can. Think about what it is that you want and what is best for you, and act accordingly.
DanielleT192
Rep:
?
(Original post by Emily.97)
What is it that you're unsure about? Him? Being in a relationship full stop?

It's important to be honest with your partner. If you're unsure of what you want then make sure he is aware of this and doesn't get his hopes built up.
Try and be as proactive as you can. Think about what it is that you want and what is best for you, and act accordingly.
Being in a relationship full stop I think. It's the first relationship since my split from my long term relationship since my ex so him as a person, he's amazing, but just the idea of getting him really involved in my life and have someone close to my friends scares me I guess.
Emily.97
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Being in a relationship full stop I think. It's the first relationship since my split from my long term relationship since my ex so him as a person, he's amazing, but just the idea of getting him really involved in my life and have someone close to my friends scares me I guess.
So either give it time to see whether it works for you, or be honest with him and leave.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (157)
59.47%
No I haven't decided yet (61)
23.11%
Yes but I might change my mind (46)
17.42%

Watched Threads