Feminist's have become incredibly out of the loop

Watch this thread
KingBradly
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Have you ever said something that highlights a contradiction in feminism, maybe where it seems to be slyly slut-shaming when in it's pretending to be doing the opposite, or when they seem to condescending other women, or creating the fear of men which they use to fuel their own fight, and then had a response back that tells you that you "don't know anything about feminism and should actually read about it" or that "actually, it's the sexists who are responsible for that" and that "you're so backwards".

An article by Jessica Valenti was titled "Feminism makes women 'victims'? I think you've mistaken us for the sexists".

Oh have they? That's really fascinating information that you've enlightened me with. Never realized that sexists are, urm, sexist.

In the eyes of the average feminist, if you observe what appear to be ironic, paradoxical, or contradictory elements to feminism, then you are backwards, living under a rock, and completely stupid.

Ironically, to anyone who isn't completely out of touch with modern society, they can see that the reverse is true.

I often feel that people are at different "levels" when it comes to their understanding of the status quo. Feminists do not do very well.

For example level one would be understanding that sexism exists and it's bad.

Level two would be the understanding that pretty much everyone understands that sexism exists and it's bad.

Level three would be understanding that everyone understands that everyone understands that sexism exists and it's bad.

Level three would be the understanding that feminism supposedly tackles sexism.

Level four would be the understanding that most people understand that feminism supposedly tackles sexism.

Level five would be the understanding that most people understand that everyone understands that feminism supposedly tackles sexism.

Level six would be the understanding that some people feel that feminism is flawed and contradicts itself often and in fact sometimes helps fuel sexism.

Level seven would be the understanding that some people understand that some people feel that sexism contradicts itself often and in fact sometimes helps fuel sexism.

Most feminists do not even make it to level two. They genuinely feel like feminism is this new thing that not many people understand and know much about. They think that if everyone was educated about feminism, they'd either agree with them or be misogynists, because there's no such thing as subjectivity. They actually believe that most people don't understand that sexism exists.

They believe than when someone highlights a contradiction that seems to exist in feminism, then they mustn't understand feminism and must actually think that feminism is supposed to be sexist. They can't fathom the idea that people actually understand perfectly what feminism is about, but feel that it is flawed and could be accused of some of the very things it seems to be against.

It's like feminists have spent so much time in their little echo chamber that they've completely lost touch of where everyone else is at. They're like a teenager who thinks the reason that no one understands their love for My Chemical Romance is because they don't understand the lyrics, but it's not that. Everyone does understand the lyrics, they just think they're rubbish.
FrodoSwaggins
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
caravaggio2
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
An interesting video Frodo, worth sticking with, but I do note that one thing he has in common with 95 % of the feminists he decries is that he runs scared of others opinions by hitting the disable comments button.
Shame really.
KingBradly
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by FrodoSwaggins)
Why can't the man stay at home and look after the kids while the woman works? Surely that's more like the kind of situation that feminists in the past have tried to make more acceptable.
FishLover
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Tbh even though I'm all for equality, I'm tired of all these feminists that seem to be everywhere these days. I don't see the point of liberating ourselves from the clutches of ze evil men if we're just going to be told what's wrong and right by our feminist overlords. So tired of the whole women should be allowed to do whatever they want ...but as long as they align with our views fallacy.....
Gears265
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I prefer not to associate with feminism because I believe in equal rights
JodieHarriett18
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Gears265)
I prefer not to associate with feminism because I believe in equal rights
Exactly, instead of equal rights, 99% of women expect special treatment and campaign for that and ignore anything else that doesn't concern themselves!!
Gears265
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by JodieHarriett18)
Exactly, instead of equal rights, 99% of women expect special treatment and campaign for that and ignore anything else that doesn't concern themselves!!
I found it absolutely disgusting how Charlotte Proudman stood beside rape victims, girls of forced marriage, female victims of war and many others to complain about discrimination. Her situation is not even comparable.
JodieHarriett18
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I found it absolutely disgusting how Charlotte Proudman stood beside rape victims, girls of forced marriage, female victims of war and many others to complain about discrimination. Her situation is not even comparable.
Oh I totally agree! It's despicable, a fellow Barrister 'admired' her picture, how very traumatic! It's disgusting, she will never be able to understand what those girls went through! We should be trying to combat serious issues, not introducing flipping all women short lists and doing slut walks. Honestly makes me feel ashamed for how much guys get the blame these days and how everything they say is somehow sexist. Last time I checked Britain wasn't supposed to be a totalitarian state!
Gears265
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by JodieHarriett18)
Oh I totally agree! It's despicable, a fellow Barrister 'admired' her picture, how very traumatic! It's disgusting, she will never be able to understand what those girls went through! We should be trying to combat serious issues, not introducing flipping all women short lists and doing slut walks. Honestly makes me feel ashamed for how much guys get the blame these days and how everything they say is somehow sexist. Last time I checked Britain wasn't supposed to be a totalitarian state!
I would rather dedicate my time to helping the young girls being barbarically abused by ISIS and other terror groups over in Syria and Iraq, or the girls abducted in Africa than a linkedIn comment or air conditioning in the work place.
skeptical_john
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
The whole of left wing politics is out of the loop. I blame social media it's been absolute disaster for them. Just one big echo chamber of retweets and likes.
JodieHarriett18
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I would rather dedicate my time to helping the young girls being barbarically abused by ISIS and other terror groups over in Syria and Iraq, or the girls abducted in Africa than a linkedIn comment or air conditioning in the work place.
Definitely, the whole movement of feminism at the minute is just women blaming men more capable than themselves for the issues in their lives. It's extremely self centred and I'd never wish to be associated with it, but because I'm girl people assume I'm just 'confused' or unaware of the definition.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (21)
26.58%
As I expected (24)
30.38%
Harder (29)
36.71%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
6.33%

Watched Threads