The Student Room Group

German or Triple science

Which subject would be more helpful for me in the future Triple science or German ???
Well, I guess it really depends what you want to do when you're older. If you want to be a German translator, or a German teacher, then probably German would be. But in general, I'd say that Triple Sciences would be more helpful, as it will open up many, many more possibilities. Would you be doing another language? Also, what I said before would also depend on your situation (e.g. if you were going to move to Germany, German would be more appropriate!). Hope that helps:smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Treblebee
Well, I guess it really depends what you want to do when you're older. If you want to be a German translator, or a German teacher, then probably German would be. But in general, I'd say that Triple Sciences would be more helpful, as it will open up many, many more possibilities. Would you be doing another language? Also, what I said before would also depend on your situation (e.g. if you were going to move to Germany, German would be more appropriate!). Hope that helps:smile:

In the future I would like to either be a secondary school Teacher, an accountant or something to do with medicine (maybe a veterinary course). Many people are telling me to stay with German but I am not sure if i like the subject or if I like it because all of my friends are in that class. I wouldn't be doing another Language as you had to pick German or French in year 7 which limits what language you can take at gcse. I don't want to be pressured into a certain decision but I want to make the right one but I don't know what is right. I have until Monday Morning to decide. :s-smilie:
Reply 3
If you're considering going into medicine, I'd absolutely say triple science instead of German.

Imho I'd try and take both; in order to get the English Baccalaureate (or something like that) you need to take a language and I believe (but not certain) a few uni's do require language GCSE even for courses unrelated to languages.

However if you're set on your other options, judging by what you want to do, definitely science
Reply 4
Original post by AdamCee
If you're considering going into medicine, I'd absolutely say triple science instead of German.

Imho I'd try and take both; in order to get the English Baccalaureate (or something like that) you need to take a language and I believe (but not certain) a few uni's do require language GCSE even for courses unrelated to languages.

However if you're set on your other options, judging by what you want to do, definitely science

Thankyou, I can only take one of them because I would have German the same time that I would have science and there is only one German class for our year group. My other subjects are History, Catering and Business studies (soon to be Geography). But like I said my family are saying that I will not need Triple science and I dont know how to make them see that I do need it. Also I would quite like to get into University to study either History and economics or Biology.
Reply 5
Original post by Sheppard22
Thankyou, I can only take one of them because I would have German the same time that I would have science and there is only one German class for our year group. My other subjects are History, Catering and Business studies (soon to be Geography). But like I said my family are saying that I will not need Triple science and I dont know how to make them see that I do need it. Also I would quite like to get into University to study either History and economics or Biology.

Seriously? Everyone has to choose between a language or science? That's really poor imo but oh well..
To be brutally honest though it's not your family's choice what you take - it's yours. German won't specifically help you for any of the courses you're interested in, however triple science would be incredibly useful (perhaps even essential) in order to do biology.
Reply 6
Original post by AdamCee
Seriously? Everyone has to choose between a language or science? That's really poor imo but oh well..
To be brutally honest though it's not your family's choice what you take - it's yours. German won't specifically help you for any of the courses you're interested in, however triple science would be incredibly useful (perhaps even essential) in order to do biology.

Thanks, I guess I just feel like if I go against them that I will be a disappointment to them. My sister did really well at school so I am always being compared to her and she didn't take triple science therefore my family are saying I wont need it. I know if I go home tomorrow and say that I am taking triple science that they will probably be angry and wont understand why I did it.
I feel like either choice will be one I regret in the future, I personally think that triple science would help me more and I can learn the German I need in my free time. However, they keep saying not to give it up.

Quick Reply

Latest