The Student Room Group

How to revise for gcse's

(edited 6 years ago)
Hi,

Is there anything you are particularly stuck with in science? I did AQA GCSE science last year and I'm happy to help. I personally learnt the main points for each chapter before going into the more detailed points. It may help if you highlight the points on your notes that are also on the scecification. Youtube videos also really helped with my understanding. :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Fdhanji
At the moment I'm failling scienceand would appreciate some help.

I was the same

all I basically did was:
use mygcsescience if youre doing AQA for core, otherwise use the CGP books.. I also used the CGP books for additional. I wrote notes on everything - sciences aren't that long tbh. I then did lots of reading through and did about 1-3 past papers a day a week(ish) before the exams whilst studying the mark scheme pretty much every night correcting every mistake I made and ask myself the questions I'd get wrong over and over again until I could say and write them out according to how the mark scheme wanted :smile:.. Ended up with 2As from 2Ds in January ;D, and in all the modules I got As except an A* in C2 which i was happy about :smile:
Hi, I'm doing edexcel b1, c1 and p1.
I know i get a's i just can't find the right revision techniques. How did you used to revise from notes you'd already made
Original post by VioletPhillippo
Hi,

Is there anything you are particularly stuck with in science? I did AQA GCSE science last year and I'm happy to help. I personally learnt the main points for each chapter before going into the more detailed points. It may help if you highlight the points on your notes that are also on the scecification. Youtube videos also really helped with my understanding. :smile:

^^
Original post by HarunH1
I was the same

all I basically did was:
use mygcsescience if youre doing AQA for core, otherwise use the CGP books.. I also used the CGP books for additional. I wrote notes on everything - sciences aren't that long tbh. I then did lots of reading through and did about 1-3 past papers a day a week(ish) before the exams whilst studying the mark scheme pretty much every night correcting every mistake I made and ask myself the questions I'd get wrong over and over again until I could say and write them out according to how the mark scheme wanted :smile:.. Ended up with 2As from 2Ds in January ;D, and in all the modules I got As except an A* in C2 which i was happy about :smile:

Woahhh. Okay that really helps I'm gonna try that. But I've been toldreading never helps?
Reply 6
Original post by Fdhanji
Woahhh. Okay that really helps I'm gonna try that. But I've been toldreading never helps?

It doesn't always, but in CGP books the notes are compressed so they tell you pretty much only the stuff you need to know.. Like on the day of my B2 exam I was testing myself on something that had never come up before by reading the book over and over, there were 4 points for it and it somehow came in the exam so I was thrilled by 4 easy marks being achieved :smile:. But when it came to revising I would read a page twice and then write notes - as I said before, everything in the CGP revision guides is useful, I dont think there's like anything like background info, contexts of the chapter etc.. just the plain detail written down in a very nice way imo :biggrin:

i forgot to mention on my first post that I used the cgp revision guides, textbooks aren't my thing tbh.
Revise over your notes and after try doing lots of past exam questions and papers
CGP books and past papers!!! That's all I used and I managed to scrape an A even with a D in coursework..
Original post by usernameevie
Revise over your notes and after try doing lots of past exam questions and papers

How would I revise over my notes though, sorry if that's a stupid question.

Quick Reply

Latest