Is this a good CV for a 15 year old?

Watch
Sophie507
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi, I'm 15 and I really want a job so I'm making a CV to hand in to local places. Also if anyone lives in or near Glasgow do you know of any places that definitely hire at this age?

Sophie ________

Personal Details
Address: _____________
Mobile: ______________
Telephone: _____________
Email: ______________

Personal Statement
I am an extremely hard working, motivated, punctual, organized individual who enjoys working to the best of her ability. Keen to get a head start in life at a young age through the world of work.

Education
_______ Primary (2004-2011)
_______ Academy (2012-2018)
I will be sitting my National 5 exams in May this year. My predicted grades are:
Mathematics - A
English - A
French - A
Spanish - A
German - A
Chemistry - A
Physics - A
Geography - A
Administration & IT - A

Work experience/Volunteering
Salvation Army (December 2014 - 2015)
Working in a charity shop, gained valuable skills especially providing good customer service.
School open evening for P7/S1 (October 2014 & October 2015)
Promoting the schools Modern Languages Department to pupils and parents.
Pupil council member (Academic Session 2014/2015)
Elected by registration class to take part and express views of fellow pupils and come to decisions and give my opinions on various issues that were mentioned at meetings.

Skills & Interests
I possess a natural ability for Modern Languages - French, German, Spanish.
I enjoy learning new things.
I demonstrate excellent IT Skills - Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint etc.
I am athletic and was a member of the top preforming Victoria Park Athletics Club (2011-2013)
I have a mathematical ability. A recent event which shows this was that I was awarded a bronze award in the UKMT (United Kingdom Mathematics Trust) competition.
I am excellent at working with others. This is evident by the success which I have had in school projects, both in class and on a bigger level.
I enjoy experiencing new things.

Achievements
Academic Session 2012/2013 – Certificate of Merit for Academic Achievement awarded at ______ Academy Academic Prize Giving.
Academic Session 2012/2013 – School Half Colours for Athletics awarded at _______ Academy Sports Prize Giving.
Academic Session 2013/2014 – Certificate of Merit for Academic Achievement awarded at _______ Academy Academic Prize Giving.
Academic Session 2014/2015 – Best in year Prize for Administration & IT awarded at _______ Academy Academic Prize Giving.
Academic Session 2014/2015 – Best in year Prize for German awarded at _______ Academy Academic Prize Giving.
Academic Session 2014/2015 – Best in year Prize for Spanish awarded at _______ Academy Academic Prize Giving.
Academic Session 2014/2015 – UKMT Bronze Award.

References
Available on request.
GeorgeyPorgey
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yep, seems fine. Would avice you to talk more about yourself in your personal statement, that you're in full time ed etc.
fxlloutboyy
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Id say remove the primary school part as it makes you seem very young and turn the skills part into a paragraph
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (221)
43.42%
I'm worried that I'm not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (58)
11.39%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (39)
7.66%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as 'lesser' because I didn't take exams (107)
21.02%
I don't think that receiving these grades will impact my future (56)
11%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (28)
5.5%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise