The Student Room Group

Can I reject a deferred entry offer to reapply again?

Hi, for my AS I unfortunately got BBBC but with the subjects I am keepin for A2 I effectively got BBC. With these AS i wont get an offer from universities I want to go to. And my school have said everyone is applying to uni this year. Do you think it would be okay to apply this year to unis that will eventually give me an offer (but I wont want to go to those) and then when I get my results and if I do as well as I think I can, maybe AAA, can I reject the offer and reapply to better unis? Im only applying this year just incase I dont get what I want at the end of A2 then atleast Ige got a uni for a deferred entry. Hope this makes sense, any advice would be great.
Why defer entry when you could just go through adjustment on results day? (If you get better results than your predicted grades then you are eligible).

A* universities won't have places available this way but a few good AAA-AAB might. If I were you I'd try to get into a "better" uni that way, if not then take a gap year and reapply.

You can reject/pull out of an accepted uni offer at any point

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by MeerkatSwag
Why defer entry when you could just go through adjustment on results day? (If you get better results than your predicted grades then you are eligible).

A* universities won't have places available this way but a few good AAA-AAB might. If I were you I'd try to get into a "better" uni that way, if not then take a gap year and reapply.

You can reject/pull out of an accepted uni offer at any point

Posted from TSR Mobile

I kind of didnt want to go through adjustment as I want to go to a university I am familiar with and have visited before, dont want to take any university just cos it is seen as 'good' if that makes sense?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ben4
Hi, for my AS I unfortunately got BBBC but with the subjects I am keepin for A2 I effectively got BBC. With these AS i wont get an offer from universities I want to go to. And my school have said everyone is applying to uni this year. Do you think it would be okay to apply this year to unis that will eventually give me an offer (but I wont want to go to those) and then when I get my results and if I do as well as I think I can, maybe AAA, can I reject the offer and reapply to better unis? Im only applying this year just incase I dont get what I want at the end of A2 then atleast Ige got a uni for a deferred entry. Hope this makes sense, any advice would be great.

Yes you can- on results day you can decline any offers you are still holding and reapply. You will still need a referee the following year so do try and keep in touch with a school teacher or two.
Original post by Ben4
I kind of didnt want to go through adjustment as I want to go to a university I am familiar with and have visited before, dont want to take any university just cos it is seen as 'good' if that makes sense?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah, I understand.

If I were you I'd look back at unis in adjustment the past few years and go to their open days/research them to see if you like them or if you'd go there.

If it comes to adjustment day and you don't like any of the unis available then obviously just withdraw your offers and take a gap year. All I'm thinking is it'll save you a year of your time if you prep a little bit and get a grasp of the unis you'd like to go to in adjustment

Good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by jelly1000
Yes you can- on results day you can decline any offers you are still holding and reapply. You will still need a referee the following year so do try and keep in touch with a school teacher or two.

Thank you very much! And yes I will be sure to do that!

Original post by MeerkatSwag
Ah, I understand.

If I were you I'd look back at unis in adjustment the past few years and go to their open days/research them to see if you like them or if you'd go there.

If it comes to adjustment day and you don't like any of the unis available then obviously just withdraw your offers and take a gap year. All I'm thinking is it'll save you a year of your time if you prep a little bit and get a grasp of the unis you'd like to go to in adjustment

Good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you I will research them soon! And i probably should have explained in my OP but I was going to take a gap year anyway as I am studying the full Further Maths A Level during it. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending