The Student Room Group

Politics applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by owenj4
Well good luck with LSE. Both are great unis so it'll be great whichever you choose

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! yea I'd be happy at either tbh, but would rather live in london:P congrats on the offer though, might see you there next year!
Reply 41
Original post by road26
Thanks! yea I'd be happy at either tbh, but would rather live in london:P congrats on the offer though, might see you there next year!

I'm from London so I want to live in a smaller place in university - Durham is the perfect size for me. Might see you there!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Received an offer from Warwick for Politics and International Studies :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Anyone else?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 43
I received offers from Warwick, Manchester and York for Politics and Sociology within a week. :biggrin:
Reply 44
Applied for Politics at University of Liverpool, Loughborough, Leicester, De Montfort and Nottingham Trent. Got 4 offers back, awaiting Leicester. Received an unconditional offer from NTU but my first choice is Liverpool, insurance may be Leicester once they respond.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 45
Anyone heard back from Newcastle or Edinburgh yet?
I've got conditional offers from Northumbria and York, which both came really quickly. I really want to do Politics and Parliamentary Studies at Leeds though, but it's a small course so I assume they will take their time processing applications.
Anyone applied for Politics and Parliamentary studies at leeds and heard back yet?
I've got conditional offers from Liverpool, Kings and Loughborough, getting a bit nervous now!!
Original post by adamp10
Applied for Politics at University of Liverpool, Loughborough, Leicester, De Montfort and Nottingham Trent. Got 4 offers back, awaiting Leicester. Received an unconditional offer from NTU but my first choice is Liverpool, insurance may be Leicester once they respond.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied too at NTU And Leicester, My other choices are The University of Kent, Oxford Brookes and Queen Mary University of London. I sent my application yesterday and I'm nervous & excited already. How long did they make you wait before you heard from them?
Reply 48
Original post by lolap971
I applied too at NTU And Leicester, My other choices are The University of Kent, Oxford Brookes and Queen Mary University of London. I sent my application yesterday and I'm nervous & excited already. How long did they make you wait before you heard from them?

I got Loughborough and De Montfort back after 1-2 days and NTU was about 5 days later. Liverpool was about a week or so and I have just received my final offer now from Leicester, about 2 weeks after applying.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Horcrux16
Received an offer from Warwick for Politics and International Studies :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Anyone else?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did too! Received one the day after I sent in my application :biggrin: was v v exciting
Reply 50
I haven't had a reply from Warwick even though I send my application well over a month ago. They must hate me hahah
Hey everyone, I've used all 5 of my choices to apply to Sussex (for Politics, PPE, Politics and Philosophy, Politics and International Relations and Social Sciences foundation). I'm in a pretty weird situation because I dropped out of college after screwing up my AS's and then took a couple of years out working and trying to decide what to do.

Decided to jump onto an Open Uni PPE course to see where that took me and then thought I'd try my luck at getting into a brick uni on the merit of my first year with the OU.

So far I've had an offer of a foundation year from Sussex, been declined from PPE because my maths GCSE is a grade below the required, and I've submitted an essay for the consideration of the Politics department. If they approve of my capability, they'll let me skip the foundation and go straight into Politics at first year which would be awesome and is obviously the desired outcome.

So my academic record:
OU - currently studying 60 credits
A2's - 0
AS's BBD
GCSE - 1A* 2As 5Bs 2Cs
I've applied to Aberystwyth as my first choice, and Swansea as my second! I need around 300 UCAS points to get in, and I've had offers from both :smile:

GCSE grades: 3 A*'s, 6 A's, 5 B's and a pass in additional maths
AS: AAAC (geography, history, business and music)
A2 predicted: Geography A*, History A*, Business A and Welsh Bac A

I can't wait for university!
I've got a conditonal offer to study politics at edinburgh
Original post by JohnMacadam
I've got a conditonal offer to study politics at edinburgh

What grades did you apply with?
Anyone got an offer from Bristol ?
BCC

Original post by Abruikeea
What grades did you apply with?
Reply 57
Applying for politics, got 2 spaces left and torn between Loughborough, Liverpool and Southampton. Any thoughts? also applying to Birmingham, Manchester and Royal Holloway. Cheers.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by samghill
Applying for politics, got 2 spaces left and torn between Loughborough, Liverpool and Southampton. Any thoughts? also applying to Birmingham, Manchester and Royal Holloway. Cheers.

You'll have to decide this one as much of it depends on what aspects of 'Politics' you are interested in and what sort of Uni appeals to you. However........ one bit of advice that is always worth thinking about is to spread your 5 choices across a range of Unis grade requirements :

1 'risky' choice - just above your predicted grades
2 or 3 - at your predicted grades
1 or 2 - below your predicted grades

More info about the reason for this - and other stuff that is useful to think about - here : http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=20445-how-to-avoid-getting-five-university-rejections
Original post by samghill

All really depends on whether you'd meet the entry requirements I would probably go for Loughborough and Southampton (which reduces to BBB if Politics is studied) that way it acts as a better guarantee of an offer

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending