Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

My A-Level Choices... watch

Announcements

(Original post by Mysticmin)
    Um, four people dropped out in total from maths. There were originally 20 people, bear in mind that my year's about 45 people though.
    I'm shocked, apparently your school is the exception to the rule that many students get E's and U's in AS maths and so drop out.

ReputationRep:
    you shouldn't really do both computing and ICT.... do computing

ReputationRep:
    If I had the choice I would do:

Maths
    Physics
    French
    Computing
    General Studies

But they do not teach french and the college i'm going to so..

Anyway instead of ICT then as that is 'frownd upon' - Do you reckon I should take Psychology instead because I was intrested in taking that subject anyway and by doing that, it will give me more of a variety so that I will be doing:

Maths
    Physics
    Psychology
    Computing
    General Studies (AS)

So what do you think of those 4 a-levels and 1 AS? - Better than what I originally said?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by siliviax)
    If I had the choice I would do:

Maths
    Physics
    French
    Computing
    General Studies

But they do not teach french and the college i'm going to so..

Anyway instead of ICT then as that is 'frownd upon' - Do you reckon I should take Psychology instead because I was intrested in taking that subject anyway and by doing that, it will give me more of a variety so that I will be doing:

Maths
    Physics
    Psychology
    Computing
    General Studies (AS)

So what do you think of those 4 a-levels and 1 AS? - Better than what I originally said?
    i think it's better yeah. you say you want to do Computing- is that basically computer science? further maths if your school offers would be better than general studies

ReputationRep:
    I don't know why but you have to do general studies, its not an option :confused:

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.